Senior Consultant – Energy
Senior Consultant – Energy
If you have an in-depth understanding of the energy market, this is a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly-growing business renowned for their expertise in this complex arena.
Established in 2005, Cornwall Insight provides research, insight and intelligence on the UK energy market. We now have over 250 customers and are regarded as the market leader in our area.
Our services are valued by a wide range of businesses and our original research has been cited in the national press and is regularly referenced by front bench politicians.
Due to ongoing growth, we’re looking for a Senior Consultant to join our talented team in Norwich.
- Salary of £40,000 - £60,000 per annum
- Annual performance-related bonuses
- Company contributions to your pension
- Company share scheme
- Employee perks, discounts and benefits
- Training and development opportunities
- Regular social activities
- Dynamic and supportive work environment
- Join a team operating at the forefront of change in the energy sector
- 33 days’ holiday including Bank Holidays
Our business is all about people, and our employees are core to our success. That is why in 2014 employees and management came together to bring Cornwall into full staff ownership, with a significant proportion of the team now holding shares in the company alongside company directors.
We believe in giving back to our local community through charity sponsorship. Currently, we’re supporting St Martins, which addresses the needs of homeless people in Norwich, and our staff have plenty of opportunities to get involved and do some good.
Once you join our team, you’ll discover we are a commercial company with a family-run attitude. We nurture each of our employees’ careers and provide plenty of training to ensure they are leaders in their field.
What’s more, as we’re a rapidly-growing business, this role has the scope to progress into a Principal Consultant position or into the management team in the future.
As the Senior Consultant, you will provide advice and insight on the UK energy market to a broad customer base.
You’ll deliver a broad range of projects tailored to customers’ needs, including commercial support, investment appraisals, regulatory change, network charging, energy policy and research.
Reporting to the Principal Consultant, you will:
- Help to identify new consultancy customers by attending events, building networks and proactively contacting new business prospects
- Ensure that consultancy projects are completed to the highest standards in-line with customers’ requirements
- Deliver public and bespoke training courses on the UK energy market, covering both theory and practice
- Provide guidance to Consultants and Analysts
- Prepare and edit customer proposals and pitch materials
To join us as a Senior Consultant, you’ll need:
- At least five years’ experience within a commercial or consulting role in the energy market, covering either wholesale markets, retail markets, regulation and policy, smart or EVs
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time-management abilities and a self-motivated approach
- Great presentation skills
Ideally, you’ll have experience of leading multi-disciplined projects, but this isn’t essential. It would also be beneficial to have a portfolio of potential customers with an interest in projects and consultancy within the energy market.
We’re eager to hear from you if you’ve worked as an Energy Consultant, Consultant, Energy Management Consultant, Energy Regulatory Manager, Project Manager, Energy Project Manager, Project Consultant or Senior Energy Analyst.
Webrecruit and Cornwall Insight are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next step as a Senior Consultant, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.