Senior Commercial Manager / Business Operations Manager
Job Title: Senior Commercial Manager
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company is one of the fastest growing railway companies in UK. Their central functions are supporting three divisions providing first rate service to their main client Network Rail.
The finance and commercial team provide the commercial and finance functions to support the Midland Metro Alliance. This includes finance, commercial, contract/legal matters and budget control and reporting. The Company is now looking for a Senior Commercial Manager to be the commercial lead for their Westside tram extension.
- Commercial lead for the Westside Tram Extension project including;
- Processing and agreement of Applications for payment to contract timescales
- Ensure Project actual costs and accruals are finalised within reporting cycle
- Ensure all project costs are accounted for within budgets
- Subcontract payments made in line with contractual commitments and notifications sent
- Negotiation and agreement of variations with supply chain and Owner Participant
- Resolution of contractual disputes
- Cost control and administration
- Subcontractor management
- A construction commercial qualification (such as quantity surveying or commercial management) preferred
- RICS preferred, but not essential
- Experience in working in a finance or commercial function within the engineering or construction sector
- Knowledge of finance systems
- Cost and budget administration experience
The Company values and encourages diversity in our workforce, regardless of background, disability or gender. As part of their aim to deliver quality services, they are committed to promoting equality and eliminating discrimination.
The Company currently works with a number of approved recruitment suppliers. They are therefore unable to consider either CVs or speculative proposals from any other agencies
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Commercial Management, Project Manager, Senior Commercial Officer, Commercial Manager, Senior Quantity Surveyor, Business Operations Manager and Strategic Operations Manager may also be considered for this role.