Embedded Software Engineer
Embedded Software Engineer
Are you an experienced Software Engineer with good knowledge of embedded programming (C++, Object Oriented Design), willing to join a global organization?
In this role you’ll be… working as part of an Agile firmware development team with a workload balanced between new product development, feature enhancements and product maintenance.
You’ll have an opportunity to…. Interact with other R&D centers (France) and work towards being the team expert on the Print & Apply product line. You’ll gain exposure to the wider business context through interaction with Product Marketing and Technical Service as well as customer visits.
You should possess… a significant industrial experience in various areas that have enabled you to acquire skills in embedded software from hardware interface to user interfaces.
Great package including bonus, career growth and great benefits.
• Create and/or recommend Software Object Oriented Design for the assigned area of the project.
• Test and debug own source code as well as related code written by other engineers on the project as part of development activity.
• Troubleshoot complex, random failures reported in the field through local simulation of environment or on-site activities at the customer’s facility and complex analysis of reported data.
• Archive and version source code and design documentation and be capable of performing the build management role for the project as well as administration of the configuration management system.
Education and/or Experience Required
• At least 8 years of professional experience in embedded software and knowledge of development environment (IDE, Debuggers, Emulator with trace, protocol analyzer), RTOS (eCos, + if Linux awareness).
• Bachelor in Science Degree (preferred Computer Science).
• Technical oriented from low level (Sensors, Motors, Pneumatic system, etc.) to embedded UI.
• Good skill in OOD (design patterns).
• Experience programming in Modern C++.
• Exposure to Agile methodology (Scrum, Safe, etc.).
• Experimented successfully TDD a plus.
• Experience working in a multinational company.
Markem-Imaje is a wholly owned subsidiary of the
US-based Dover Corporation and is a trusted world manufacturer of product identification and traceability solutions, offering a full line of reliable and innovative inkjet, thermal transfer, laser, and print and apply label systems.
Markem-Imaje provides global reach to over 50,000 customers with
6 technology centers, several equipment repair centers and manufacturing plants with the most comprehensive marking and coding portfolio available in the marketplace.
The historic city of Nottingham is a popular destination for all ages. Nottingham is home to world class sport, amazing live performances, excellent nightlife and cutting edge art. The city is home to two universities, and there are a huge variety of fine dining and shopping to be enjoyed. On the outskirts of Nottingham you can find scenic landscape and plenty of family attractions..