ICT Network and Security Officer
Job Title: ICT Network and Security Officer
Location: Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire
Salary: Grade F (£26,470 - £29,909)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
If you enjoy a real challenge whilst keeping a smile on your face then The Council is just the right place!
Are you an enthusiastic and passionate IT professional?
Are you experienced in developing, protecting and supporting IT networks and systems?
Would you like to work in an ambitious local authority council, looking to deliver strong public services?
As ICT Network and Security Officer you can play a critical role in developing, supporting and securing the of council's ICT services, as well as helping to develop and implement the council's vision and priorities.
Working within this role, you will play a key part in delivering the future of ICT at The Council by showcasing a broad range of IT skills and expertise. They believe that the Council is a fantastic place to work and can provide you with a unique opportunity to develop your skills and career.
They are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate individual with the ability to connect how the council's services are delivered to the development of ICT infrastructure. You will work in a constructive team environment to maximise the potential of the council's ICT and ensure they continually meet the high standards expected by the Council, public and partners.
- Delivering a robust, secure and sustainable ICT network for the council
- Ensuring that necessary patches and security updates are applied to all ICT servers, PCs, Laptops and infrastructure.
- Installation, support and maintenance of network equipment and associated software
- Installation and support of PCs and associated desktop platforms
- Installation, configuration, support and maintenance of corporate servers
- Maintaining the virtual environment including servers and the thin client pool
- Design, maintenance and documentation of group policy, active directory, DNS and
- Undertake procurement of network hardware/PCs and laptops for the council
- Installation and maintenance of the network security policies including firewall, proxy, endpoint protection and virus checker
- Provide second Line support for first line calls
- Ensuring that change management procedures are correctly followed
- Configure and maintain the Council's Backup and DR solution, including following the Disaster Recovery Plan should DR be invoked.
- To liaise with third party suppliers in respect of support and ongoing relationships
- Support Members/Councillor's hardware/software and communication lines
- Design, maintenance and testing of disaster recovery / business continuity programs
- Implementation and management of the Government Code of Connection requirements
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Vocational or professional qualifications in a relevant discipline
- Educated to HNC/HND equivalent or substantial equivalent experience in IT or relevant discipline
- Proven experience in a professional ICT position including hardware, software and network support.
- Support of a corporate network that with > 100 users
- In-depth knowledge of Windows 7 / 10, Office 365 and networking is required.
- An understanding of security risks and cyber threats (eg. malware, ransomware, DDOS), solutions and multi factor authentication
- Knowledge of end point security systems
- Experience of installation and support of servers and thin clients in a virtualised environment.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- A good knowledge of network protocols and technologies
- A good knowledge of MS Server 2012 / 2016
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Exchange both on-site and Office 365
- Good communication skills
Additional benefits include:
- up to 30 days annual leave,
- flexible working arrangements to suit you and the council,
- home working opportunities,
- convenient office location close to the M5 with free parking provided,
- corporate discount on neighbouring leisure centre,
- 10 minute walk from offices to town centre,
- Opportunity to join the Local Government Pension Scheme.
Please click the APPLY button for more information
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; IT Infrastructure Officer, Service Delivery Officer, IT Officer, FMCG IT Officer, Technical Officer, Technical IT Officer, ICT Manager, IT Project, Implementation Officer, Transformation Officer, IT Project Officer, ICT Networks Engineer, ICT Networks Technician, ICT Specialist, Technical Support Manager, IT Analyst, ICT Analyst, IT Systems Support, 1st Line Support, 2nd Line Support, ICT Support Engineer, ICT Network Infrastructure Technician may also be considered for this role.