Couture Machinist / Dressmaker
Experienced Couture Machinist/dressmaker
Required at Bea Das Atelier.
We are looking for an experienced Machinist/dressmaker. Skilled in pattern cutting knowledge an asset, with the ability to handle & work with a variety of fabrics. Working 3 day a week with hours to suit both parties.
- excellent practical skills
- to be able to imagine how designs will look and lay out pattern pieces
- an eye for detail and good eyesight
- a tactful approach with customers
- accuracy when taking measurements and making calculations
- colour-normal vision for matching threads and fabrics
Your day-to-day duties may include:
- discussing the client’s needs
- giving the client advice on fabrics and patterns
- taking measurements
- changing an existing pattern, or creating a new pattern for the client
- costing the work
- using the pattern to cut out the fabric pieces
- tacking the fabric pieces together for a fitting
- making samples or ‘toiles’
- using a sewing machine or sewing by hand
- fitting the garment and making adjustments to create a perfect fit
- keeping your accounts, if self-employed
If you are a team player & are looking to join an established brand here in Sevenoaks.