Materials Management Supervisor
Key Job Responsibilities
- Provide a professional, customer focused Materials Management service to all user departments.
- The Supervisor will be required to identify and respond to user needs and to solve problems/complaints as and when they arise. This will require effective liaison with other staff groups, and actively seek constructive feedback on service provision.
- To train, monitor and supervise Materials Management staff in all the elements of their role.
- A Supervisor will be required to have the knowledge and technical ability to be able to undertake and teach staff the skills necessary to complete service delivery.
- Coordinate the daily activities of the Materials Management team, ensuring that all key tasks are allocated to the appropriate resource within the team.
- Coordinate the stock level reviews of Materials Management Assistants to ensure that they are undertaken annually and in a timely manner.
- Provide feedback on operational requirements and assist the Procurement Partner in building good working relationships with all wards/departments.
- Undertake initial investigation and reporting of untoward incidents and accidents using Datix.
- Operate within the provisions of the Trust Standing Financial Instruction (SFIs) and departmental policies and procedures at all times.
- Ordering of non-supply chain products with NHS Supply Chain technology.
- Undertake the data capture of orders using a hand held barcode reader, and transmission of these orders to the supplier via the Electronic Demand Capture (EDC) and Electronic Demand capture (EDC) Gold interface links with NHS Supply Chain.
- Liaise with Trust departmental staff regarding operation of EDC Gold.
- Responsible for the timely input of data to ensure continuity of supply.
- Provide receipt and distribution services, including unpacking and checking delivered items against delivery/order information, taking corrective action where necessary and maintaining audit records.
- In accordance with customer procedures ensuring stocks are managed appropriately and cost effectively, whilst meeting the customers' departmental or area needs.
- In liaison with senior and clinical colleagues, identify and explore opportunities for potential cost savings for the Trust, whilst maintaining quality standards.
- Carry out stock level reviews of Material Management products at ward/ department level, in agreement with the appointed ward/ department key personnel and at an agreed frequency, to include appropriate stock rotation and routine housekeeping.
- Ensure safe storage of products and materials in compliance with fire and infection control regulations, reporting any identified risks as necessary.
- Support rationalisation and standardisation of medical and surgical products.
- Inform customers of any product changes or shortages and actively source alternatives.
- Manage ad hoc or urgent requests for stock, ensuring they are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Coordinate high urgency product recalls following safety alerts.
- Coordinate the removal, return or disposal of excess or redundant stock.
- Maintain accurate paper and electronic records and filing systems and provide administrative support, filing, photocopying, collating of information and other associated duties.
- Ensure communication of information within the Materials Management team and share best practice operationally; act and participate as a member of the wider Procurement team, assisting colleagues within other areas of the department as required and attending departmental update meetings as required.
- Actively build and maintain professional working relationships with colleagues, key customers and external organisations, to a consistently high standard of customer care.
Apply for Materials Management Supervisor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly