Supported Housing Officer
6 days left
- Full Time
Supported Housing Officer
Salary: £19,717.93 p/annum
Permanent | 37 hours p/week
Closing Dates: Monday 23 July 2018
Interviews 27th July
The Together Housing Group is currently looking to appoint a new Supported Housing Officer, to work throughout the Calderdale, Yorkshire region, providing needs based support that enables our customers to maintain their independence, including managing & sustaining their housing needs. If you are interested in joining a business that’s moving forward, growing & going from strength to strength, then read on.
Role and Responsibilities
Your normal day to day duties will consist of:
- Maintain regular contact with vulnerable customers requiring ongoing support, based on assessed needs/risk assessment and as reflected in their supporting independence plan.
- Provide intensive support to customers during times of crisis to respond to short term needs. To include practical assistance (eg bereavement, during period of ill health, hospital discharge) until such time as the customer is again able to cope independently and/or other arrangements are in place.
- Work in a flexible and responsive manner, to meet the individual needs of customers, promoting independence, choice, control and safety, with a focus on positive outcomes relating to wellbeing, health, enjoying life, staying safe and making a positive contribution.
- Support customers in assessing their housing options during times when there is an alteration in their physical or psychological well-being or in their social circumstances including rehousing.
- Liaise, coordinate and negotiate with a wide range of organizations, agencies and local community networks to ensure customers needs are met and opportunities maximised (and ensuring the service complements rather than duplicates other services).
In order to complete this role you will be required to have:
- Experience of working in a customer-focused environment
- An understanding of older and/or vulnerable people
- An understanding of the roles of other relevant agencies.
- Flexible approach to working hours
Due to the nature of the role, a full driving license along with access to a vehicle insured for business use is required.
In addition, the successful applicant will have to undergo a full DBS check prior to starting work with ourselves.
- In return we can offer you a great set of benefits which includes; 27 days holiday (rising to 32 over 5 years service) + bank holidays.
- A great flexible working environment, with a range of family friendly policies
- Great new comfortable and modern offices
- A huge scope of personal development opportunities
- A very attractive pension scheme & healthcare benefits as well
- For the more active minded we also offer a “cycle to work” scheme
How to Apply
There are two ways to apply for this role.
- Click the apply button and follow the instructions. You will be directed to their career page where you will be required to submit a CV & Covering Letter using the button on the top right.
OR email a copy of your CV & covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org