Lecturer in Beauty Therapy
We have an opportunity available for an experienced Lecturer to join the Beauty Therapy department at our Chichester campus on a part time, permanent basis working 29.6 hours per week. As our Lecturer in Beauty Therapy you will receive a competitive salary pro rata of £20,671 - £36,287 per annum (i.e. £16,536.80 - £29,029.60).
The Chichester College Group is the largest provider of further education in Sussex and is comprised of 3 Colleges: one at Chichester, one at Crawley and one at Brinsbury near Pulborough, which is land-based. Through our Colleges we educate and train around 25,000 full and part time students every year and provide teaching excellence to meet the future needs of the regions' employers.
Our Lecturer in Beauty Therapy post combines a commercial salon environment with theory classes. You will have creative and innovative ideas to ensure teaching, learning and assessment is maintained at an outstanding level and to an exceptionally high standard.
Our Lecturer in Beauty Therapy duties and key responsibilities:
- Undertake teaching and learning related activities, including tutoring, as agreed.
- Ensure that appropriate learning materials are prepared and assessments and assignments are undertaken in a timely manner.
- Undertake administration and provide reports and statistics regarding student and teaching matters.
- Take an active role in the achievement of high individual student retention and success rates, meeting or surpassing the relevant targets for each.
- Develop curricula and learning activities, taking into consideration literacy and numeracy development, and equality and diversity.
- Understand personal responsibilities in relation to Safeguarding.
- Keep up-to-date with current issues, changes, and policies relating to the educational sector.
- Participate in marketing activities and promote the College for the purpose of gaining sponsorship, advertising, good public relations and increased recruitment.
- Undertake the delivery of literacy and numeracy.
Skills & Experience required of our Lecturer in Beauty Therapy:
- Experience of teaching further education and relevant industrial, commercial and/or subject experience is essential
- Knowledge of Edexcel BTEC HNC / HND and City & Guilds Beauty Therapy qualifications would be advantageous
- Level 5 (or equivalent) in related subject
- A Certificate in Education or Post Graduate Certificate in Education
Benefits of working with Chichester College:
- Final salary pension scheme
- Generous annual leave package
- Parental benefits including childcare vouchers
- Discounted private medical care
- Subsidised local gym membership
- Other high street discounts plus more
Closing date: Thursday 9th August 2018
Interview date: Monday 27th August 2018
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Lecturer in Beauty Therapy then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.