We have a diverse mix of spaces at the hotel and there’s always something happening.
We arrange weddings of different sizes, host external conferences, meetings and the hotel’s own Craft and Design Fairs as well as accommodate internal get-togethers and training sessions.
We’re always on-the-go, whether dealing with enquiries, setting up spaces, attending planning meetings or overseeing the smooth running of events.
The role of Events Host is to be part of a seamless and professional Events Team that guides a guest from enquiry to delivery.
Key responsibilities include:
- A large part of this role is to set up, welcome, deliver, service and break down elements of events
- Greeting and directing guests upon arrival, providing them with information they need and answering other questions as best you can
- Conduct informed hotel tours for corporate and leisure clients
- Handle telephone/email/face to face enquiries when required
- Compile operational plans when required
- Having a visual presence amongst the guests to make sure the event is on track and people are enjoying themselves
- Concentrate on making guests, attendees and participants feel as welcome and comfortable as possible
- As a guest’s first and last impression of an event will often be the interaction with the Event Host, our Hosts must have confidence, a friendly attitude that helps them relate to all types of people and the ability to speak knowledgeably about the event they are hosting.
Essential for this role, is previous operational events experience. Hospitability experience is desirable.
You will be able to handle telephone enquiries in a calm and organised and professional manner when required.
You will have an understanding of a food and beverage environment and a passion for delivering excellent service. You are able to plan, prioritise and organise your time with excellent attention to detail.
Enthusiasm with an engaging personality and confidence are all key to making this role work successfully. Excellent numeracy, verbal and written English with intermediate computer skills are essential.
We are looking for a candidate who has a real passion for delivering events and is looking to pursue an career with Event Management.
£7.90 per hour (rising to £8.10 after probation)
Permanent contract for 18-45 hours per week
Shifts are over a 7 day period covering morning, afternoon and evening events
Development and training
Free meals whilst on duty
Free use of swimming pools and tennis court
Many more perks.
Wish you were here? Please apply via the link confirming that you are eligible to live and work in the U.K. Direct applications only.
Closing date is Sunday 29 July 2018
Shortlisted applicants will need to attend a Selection Day on Wednesday 1 August 2018
Start Date: available immediately
As one team we take responsibility for reducing the negative impacts our actions and activities have on the environment and our local community; something we feel is right and is our way of life.