Nursery Practitioner - Level 3
Level 3, Early Years Practitioners (Baby Room) & (Under 2's) & (2 - 3 yrs). Strong Level 2 candidates considered.
ACCOUNTABILITY: The post holder will be responsible to the manager of the nursery.
RESPONSIBILITY: The Early Years Practitioner will be responsible for the welfare, learning and development of all the children at the nursery but in particular a designated group of children.
LOCATION: North Ascot
PURPOSE OF THE JOB: Take a shared responsibility for the welfare, learning and development of a designated group of children within the nursery by working with initiative and creativity to foster an environment that encourages the children's all round development.
- Implement policies and procedures to ensure the welfare requirements of the Early years Foundation Stage Statutory Framework are met
- Assist in the planning of appropriate experiences for children, in line with the nursery's policy on teaching and learning and development requirements of the EYFS Statutory Framework
- Participate in the nursery policy on planning, assessment, recording and reporting in line with the requirements of the EYFS Statutory Framework
- Take on the role of key worker for a designated group of children
- Assist in providing effective liaison with parents on a day to day basis regarding the welfare, learning and development of the children
- Take shared responsibility for standards of safety, security, hygiene, cleanliness and tidiness throughout the nursery
- Maintain the highest level of cleanliness and hygiene in sleeping, nappy changing, food preparation and service areas
- Take shared responsibility for the care, maintenance and security of all equipment and toys within the nursery
- Participate in the nursery's performance management review process and access any necessary training or professional development
- Comply with all the nursery's policies and procedures at all times
- Treat all staff, children and parents with courtesy and kindness at all times
- Recognised Level 3 qualification in childcare and education
- Experience of planning, assessing, recording and reporting to meet the requirements of The EYFS
- Statutory Framework
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to be organised and efficient
- Commitment to supporting an inclusive ethos within the nursery
- Commitment to ongoing personal professional development
- An enhanced CRB check and ISA number, confirming suitability to work with children
- Good time keeping and reliability
- Understanding of procedures relating to Safeguarding, SEN and Health and Safety
- Competency in handling Word documents
- Experience of leading a small team
- The ability to support trainees through mentoring and coaching