Events Executive (Birmingham)
Events Executive (Birmingham)
This is an exciting time for the West Midlands as our digital & prints brands such as Birmingham Live, Birmingham Post,Coventry Telegraph, Tamworth Herald and Coventry Live plan to expand its range of events. As an Events Executive You will be responsible for developing and delivering a robust portfolio of promotional, community and corporate events. You will support the promotion, organisation and running of our West Midlands event calendar.
Reach Events hold over 150 business events from Newcastle to Plymouth covering, Business, Sport, Community, Tech & Digital, Women in Business, Farming and more.
Reach PLC is the largest national and regional news publisher in the UK, with influential and iconic brands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, Daily Star, OK! and market leading regional titles including the Manchester Evening News, Liverpool Echo, Birmingham Mail and Bristol Post.
- Managing event plans from conception, launch, live event and follow up
- Liaising with key stakeholders including speakers, sponsors and venue managers
- Working collaboratively with our commercial and marketing teams to deliver event objectives against deadlines
- Assisting with promoting the events through networking and forward planning
- Supporting budgets and time scales, including full Profit and Loss accounts
- Researching suitable venues, suppliers, entertainment and speakers whilst negotiating prices with suppliers and contractors
- Promoting and raising the profile of the business across key events
- Attend internal/external training courses
- Manage events involving travel and overnight stays as required
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous demonstrable experience within an events role
- Experience in producing event plans and reporting feedback
- Ability to manage multiple projects with problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to budget and monitor spending
- Previous experience in commercially profitable events
- Familiarity with AV and Production is desirable
- Influential in engaging well with your audience in a confident manner to achieve effective results
- Demonstrable networking within the region is an advantage
- Must have Full UK Driving Licence
In addition to competitive salaries, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc offer a whole host of voluntary flexible benefits. These include a car scheme, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans and an employee assistance programme.
Closing date for applications is Friday 27th July and interviews will be held w/c 6th August at our Birmingham Office.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.