Social Media Editor - Maternity Cover (9 months)
£Competitive + Company benefits
Closing date: 26/07/2018
GloucestershireLive is seeking to recruit a motivated and talented Social Media Editor. Covering an incredibly diverse and stunning county in the beautiful West Country, the successful candidate will create content for social media channels and deliver audience for journalists' content via Gloucestershirelive's own-brand social media platforms.
We are looking for someone with experience managing social media channels, including an extensive understanding of social media analytics tools.
You are adept at engaging and interacting with social media users and delivering audience growth and you will support the achievement of audience targets through managing and developing effective use of social media in the newsroom.
This is an exciting opportunity where you will be joining a newsroom full of talented, self-driven journalists.
Where you will be based
You will be working in our Gloucester office and remotely when required.
GloucestershireLive is based in the heart of the historic Quays area of the county capital. Gloucestershire is one of the most visited counties in the UK for good reason, as it is home to international tourist hotspot the Cotswolds, brilliant festivals and arts events in Cheltenham and Stroud and Gloucester Cathedral, where the cloisters were featured in the Harry Potter films.
About Reach plc
Reach plc (Formerly Trinity Mirror plc) has an award-winning portfolio of newspapers, websites and digital products, and is one of the UK's largest multimedia companies employing over six thousand people across more than sixty locations around the country.
- Work on the newsroom's social media operation including pillar brand accounts
- Monitor social media for stories to ensure that we quickly develop content around key local social trends or stories which break on social platforms
- Interact and engage with readers on social media platforms
- Work with the content desk and reporters to ensure optimum use of social media
- Develop and create 'native' content to drive engagement on social media
- Maximise opportunities for audience engagement and interaction through awareness of emerging social media trends, platforms and applications
- Use social analytics tools to develop insight into engagement
- Work with other departments on specific audience engagement/social media campaigns, including competitions, promotions and commercial campaigns
- Ensure appropriate and responsible use of social media in line with Reach plc policies and strategic goals
- Assist in general uploading and digital content creation
- Manage or undertake company/editorial projects and any other duties from time to time as reasonably requested by management
- Maintain the highest personal standards of professionalism and integrity at all times within the framework of current legislation and Reach plc's editorial and company policies, and ensuring these standards are upheld across the newsroom
- Possess a thorough, up-to-date knowledge of media law for publishers and IPSO
The Ideal Candidate
You will ideally be a journalist, who is able to demonstrate news/content gathering skills and digital understanding. It would be advantageous if you possess a Reach plc or equivalent journalist qualification (or relevant time-served experience), although this is not essential.
Along with this, you'll have at least a year's experience in content creation and/or social media management and have an excellent understanding of SEO, search and social media platforms and relevant experience of using social media. With the ability to think creatively, come up with new ideas and engage with readers, you will be able to work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
You must be self-motivated and able to take instruction as well as manage own workload effectively, have excellent attention to detail, along with outstanding communication skills both written and verbal. A flexible approach to shifts is required.
If you have digital skills including experience using a web content management system, we would be keen to hear from you.
In addition to competitive salaries, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc offer a host of voluntary flexible benefits. These include a car scheme, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans and an employee assistance programme.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process.