Supply Chain Planner
EXTERNAL SUPPLY CHAIN PLANNER - TELFORD - £23,500
(Salary increase to £24,500 after 6 month probationary period)
Our client based in Telford is currently recruiting for an experienced Supply Chain Planner.
The essential experience and skills are:
- Held a previous role as Supply Chain
- High value expediting
- CIPS preferred but not essential
You will have a strong ability to plan and prioritise and will have advanced Excel skills. The successful candidate will be joining a small team of 9. You will have excellent communication skills and will be speaking with suppliers on a daily basis and expediting at high value.
The purpose of the role is the management of the MRP system to procure all products at a service level of 98%.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Negotiate with suppliers on quantity and delivery times to the benefit of the company.
- Order in accordance with MRP using either forecast or customer demand from approved vendors conforming to the cost, quality and delivery requirements.
- Communicate relevant information to all departments as necessary.
- Expedite purchase orders ensuring on time deliveries and communicating when not achieved.
- Attending the Operations Daily Meeting and maintaining purchasing information.
- Ensure that all purchases conform to the COSHH and health and safety requirements. All certification required to comply with EU directives should be passed to the Quality Manager.
- Maintain the purchasing aspects of the Material Requirements Planning system, (MRP) with the exception of commercial pricing.
- To give a weekly status update to Supply Chain Supervisor for areas of responsibility.
- Ordering consumable stock items on a weekly basis.
- Control and maintain recommended stock quantity/value by product type within areas of responsibility.
- Advise relevant departments of demand changes and compare to forecast.
- On potential stock outs investigate alternative suppliers/products to reduce supply issues.
- Liaise with Customer services, planning and Sales to advise potential issues in the future.
- Use Vendor rating report to improve supplier service level - Target 95%
- Issue Vendor rating report to all suppliers within areas of responsibility
- Arrange monthly meetings/conference calls with suppliers responsible for to discuss service.
- Compile indexes and exchange rates on weekly and monthly basis. Subsequently compile graphs for notice board and board report on a monthly basis.
Working hours - 8 - 5 Monday - Thursday
8 - 4 Friday
If this role is of interest to you, please apply via this advertisement.
We are happy to consider recommendations of friends, family or colleagues.
Contact: Steph David 01952 201112