IT Support Assistant
IT Support Assistant
We have a great job for a dedicated, responsive and energetic IT support assistant as part of our team in Cambridge. If you’re interested in a rare opportunity to support and maintain our IT infrastructure and demanding user base in a rapidly growing and innovative organisation, then this is for you.
Every day will be different, but some of your responsibilities will include:
- Providing IT assistance to the management, development, manufacturing and commercial teams
- Working collaboratively within the IT Support Team to ensure that all aspects of IT infrastructure, computers and applications meet the needs of our demanding users in a fast-paced environment
- Setting up the IT infrastructure associated with our new office and manufacturing facility and other office moves
Naturally, you’ll be keen to start or continue a career in IT, and be able to prove your interest in IT Support. You’ll have a practical, hands-on and flexible approach, and you’ll be a great team player and happy to throw yourself into a fast-paced, non-hierarchical environment. We’re also looking for you to be:
- A good communicator and organiser, and able to build and sustain productive working relationships with all colleagues (IT team, software developers, engineers and commercial teams). You’ll be able to explain technical IT issues to non-technical users.
- A proactive problem solver, able to ask questions and get information to correctly diagnose computer problems and understand what level of support is needed when a problem is presented
- Keen to provide a 1st class level of customer support ensuring that all users are treated efficiently and in an appropriate manner
- Willing to take responsibility and manage your own time and tasks
- Able to quickly gain new skills and knowledge when faced with new challenges
You’ll have good knowledge of:
- Installing and Troubleshooting Windows 7 and Windows 10 operating systems
- Providing 1st and 2nd line support to system users,
- And knowledge of:Windows Server 2012R2
- Networking, including subnets, VLAN, DHCP and DNS
- PC and laptop hardware
- Programming (Python, PowerShell or BASH)
- Network Attached Storage (Synology, iSCSI)
- Some knowledge of server hardware, Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS) and SSH, Office356
- Some knowledge of AWS and other cloud infrastructure
We’d also want you to have at least a 2.1 degree in a relevant subject (eg Computing, Maths, Physics) from a top university. CMR will provide on the job training if needed. Experience working in IT support would be advantageous.
With two sites to look after and a third to bring on stream, we also need you to have a driving licence.
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and childcare vouchers, and our now famous monthly company BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.
Why join us?
CMR Surgical is developing a next-generation robotic system for universal keyhole surgery. The Versius system comprises a surgeon console, modular light-weight robotic arms and a range of wristed 5 mm fully-instruments. In short, we’re creating something truly amazing designed to improve the lives of people around the globe; it’s a vision that excites us and hopefully will excite you.
Versius overcomes obstacles to widespread adoption of robotic minimal access surgery, namely robot size, instrument size, versatility, port placement, cost and ease of use, allowing the system to be highly utilised and ultimately cost-comparable to manual laparoscopic surgery.
The Company was formed in 2014 and has its headquarters in Cambridge, United Kingdom. We’re privately owned and enjoy strong financial backing.