We are looking for a hard-working and collaborative Media Lecturer and Course Leader to join our team who can help challenge our students to progress and achieve. We currently run a Level 2 and Level 3 course in Media skills and are now looking for a dynamic, pro-active, highly organised and effective Course Leader/ Lecturer. This is an exciting opportunity in a thriving and successful part of the provision.
If you have a keen and current understanding of the Media industry and are able to support both HE and FE students to aim higher, then we would love to hear from you!
- Excellent teaching skills with a great track record
- A degree or relevant professional qualification in media
- Experience of supporting ‘at-risk’ learners to exceed their potential
- High personal standards and expectations
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Fantastic organisational and administrative skills
- Committed to equality, diversity, safeguarding, and personalised learning
- Hard-working, flexible and highly organised
Media Lecturer Duties
- Producing module study guides and schemes of work and monitor their delivery
- Supervising assessment, providing internal verification
- Liaising with external verifiers/modifiers as required and awarding body requirements
- Ensuring programmes of work meet the needs of individual learners
- Generous annual leave
- Subsidised sports facilities
- Pension scheme
- Professional development and training
About South Thames College
South Thames Colleges Group is one of London’s largest providers of post-16 education and training. Our Creative Industries School offers courses in a wide variety of creative subjects, with students on study programmes, access courses, apprenticeships and higher education courses. Our focus is on giving our students a first class experience for them to attain high level qualifications and develop long-lasting learning and employability skills.
South Thames Colleges Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults.