Data Services Manager
Cambridge University Press has an opportunity available for a Data Services Manager to join the team based in Cambridge. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, we are offering a competitive salary of £45,000 - £55,000 per annum depending on experience, plus benefits.
We have over 2,500 talented employees across 50 international offices uniting all our publishing groups. We’re one of the world’s most respected publishers, driven by the purpose of unlocking people’s potential with the best learning and research solutions.
We need determined individuals to help make this happen. We work in global teams, tackle the big issues, raise education standards, and deliver innovative solutions to learners and researchers.
We will offer a fantastic benefits package to the Data Services Manager
- Dynamic work environment that empowers you to be your best
- Group personal pension
- Free life assurance
- Inclusive and flexible working environment
- 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- On-site fitness facilities
- Easily accessible with a 10 minutes walk from the train station
About the role
Metadata matters! We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Data Services Manager to take our product metadata to new heights. Discoverability, whether for traditional print or new electronic products, is becoming ever more crucial and it is only through excellent metadata that we can achieve this.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Managing a team within the Technology Group
- Defining and managing our core product metadata globally for all Cambridge products
- Optimising our metadata to take advantage of new ways to both manage our internal data flows and deliver great metadata out to the world
- Harnessing metadata as a powerful tool to maximise discoverability and tailored to suit different channels
- Managing the teams activities, priorities and budget in line with business requirements
- Liaising with and developing the relationship of the team with other departments in the Press and with external customers
- Ensuring that the Press complies with specific industry standards
- Representing the Press on external working parties
- Collaborating with colleagues on projects and systems development and contribute to the delivery of company strategy as it affects product data
What do we look for in a Data Services Manager?
- Previous experience in the complexities of publishing workflows either in a production, marketing or metadata role
- Proven track record of implementing change
- Confident and capable of exploring all potential outcomes of a situation before selecting the best available solutions
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Capable in encouraging your team and bringing them along with your vision
- Able to build fantastic relationships with your stakeholders
- A passion for data
- Project management experience is desirable but not essential
- Experience of working with offshore teams would be an advantage
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join an organisation that plays a leading role in today’s global market place as our Data Services Manager.
If you’re ready to embrace the challenges and opportunities this role brings then please complete our online application form by Wednesday 15th August.
We are provisionally looking at holding interviews on 29th/30th August and 5th/6th September.