BTEC Sports Lecturer and Coach
Saints Foundation is an independent charity aligned to Southampton Football Club. Harnessing the passion of the Club and its fans we aim to inspire, support and deliver positive change and equality of opportunity for young people and adults at risk across Southampton and surrounding areas.
What is the role?
Saints Foundation are looking for a BTEC Sports Lecturer and Coach who will join the charity and contribute to the high quality learning experience of students within the BTEC Sports Diploma course. A key part of the role is to ensure high levels of student retention and achievement by offering an enhanced student experience while teaching our successful BTEC Level 3 in Sport programme.
Your role will include continually changing and developing the quality of learning activities and lesson plans to ensure that students are working to their full potential and succeeding within our programme, working closely with the Education Manager to do so. Your role will also include a practical element, where you will be developing lesson plans for both the 11 a side and Futsal training sessions which you will coach and mentor the students through.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a candidate who has experience of teaching and presenting to students in a group class environment. You will have a teaching qualification, or be working towards a qualification, such as DTTLS, PGCE, Cert Ed, which is essential. For the practical side of your role, you should hold an FA Level 2 Coaching Football qualification and preferably an FA Level 1 Futsal qualification. The successful candidate will need to be a good team player with good communication skills to interact effectively with colleagues, students, parents and external bodies.
The competencies which are required include:
• Experience of teaching and presenting to students in class groups.
• Experience of working in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
• Experience of liaising with colleagues, students, parents and external bodies.
• Experience of working well in a team environment.
• Essential Qualifications (including certifications):
• Teaching qualification (DTTLS, PGCE, Cert Ed) or working towards
• FA Level 2 Coaching football
Desirable Qualifications (including certifications):
• Educated to degree level standard in related subject or working towards
• FA Level 1 Futsal
• FA Level 2 Futsal
• Knowledge of teaching aids including ILT.
• Team player with good communication skills to interact effectively with colleagues, students, parents and external bodies
• Efficient administration skills to support good student record keeping
• Skills in working as a member of a team and motivating colleagues
• Energy and Enthusiasm for working in a rapidly changing environment and ability to demonstrate flexibility in working practices
What do you get in return?
If you are successful you can look forward to a healthy benefits package;
• A salary of up to £22,000 depending on experience.
• Two Season Tickets.
• 24 days’ holiday per year, increasing to 25 days after one full football season.
• Life Assurance Cover of 2x salary.
• Contributory Pension Scheme.
• Incentivised Private Medical Insurance Scheme.
• Child Care Vouchers.
• Worldwide Travel Insurance.
• Free onsite parking.
• Discounted Southampton Football Club merchandise.
Accountable to: Education Manager
Level of Criminal record Check Required: Enhanced (with children’s barred list)
The closing date for applications is Sunday 22 July 2018.