Chef de Partie
Chef de Partie
Benefits: Free Parking, Pension scheme, 28 days holiday
Hours: Full time
Our client are beautifully situated on the cliff at Ravenscar overlooking Robin Hood's Bay, the Hotel is set in the scenic North York Moors and are an incredibly busy wedding venue.
They have been awarded the Business Tourism Award 2011 in the annual Visit York Tourism Awards, and Whitby Hotel and Restaurant aswell as a 3Star AA rating and a long standing excellence award on trip advisor.
They have extensive leisure facilities including an indoor swimming pool, sauna, games room, croquet and tennis courts, Guests can enjoy fine dining in the Restaurant, with magnificent views.
They are currently looking to employ a Chef de Partie to take charge of a kitchen section and Work as part of a team preparing and serving up to 200 meals each day
- Being in charge of a Kitchen section i.e. Larder, Pastry or Sauces
- Preparing and serving up to 200 meals each day which include lunches, sandwiches, afternoon teas, full dinner service and additional banquets and conferences.
- Maintain an effective working relationship within the team.
- Communicate and liaise effectively with other departments.
- Work in all departments with respective Chef de Parties preparing and serving food items as required.
- Maintain high standards of personal hygiene at all times.
- Maintain cleanliness in all assigned areas of the department.
- Deal with deliveries and stock rotation, minimizing spoilage and waste.
- Maintain that cost control policies and reporting procedures are followed.
- Deputise and ensure the smooth running of the kitchen during the Sous Chef’s absence.
- Attend all training sessions when requested to do so.
- Perform other related tasks when required to do so.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Works quickly and efficiently.
- Attention to detail
- Enjoy and have the ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to learn on your feet and put into practice what you have learnt.
- Be punctual to work – to be on time is to be late.
- Help your colleagues and enjoy working in and being part of a busy team.
- Ability to be creative, bringing your own ideas to your work.
- Experience In a similar role is essential
If you believe you are the ideal candidate APPLY today!
Keywords: Breakfast Chef, Conference Chef, Chef, Catering Chef, Catering, Caterer, Catering and Hospitality, Chef de Partie, Cook, Catering, Caterer, Cooking, Restaurant, Food, Preparation, Restaurant Vacancies, Cook