Business Development Manager
Artcore operates as a cultural hub in Derby, fuelling active engagement for various communities in Derby, the East Midlands and beyond, working to enhance lives by sharing knowledge and skills through art and helping individuals to understand the benefits of art. Artcore's long-term objective is to promote serious art and develop as a vibrant centre for visual arts within the East Midlands. We are committed to bringing arts and crafts activities into the lives of people of all ages, abilities and ethnic backgrounds. Our focus is on providing contemporary, innovative and quality services in four core strands:
1. Art in Modern Culture,
2. Art in Health and Well-being,
3. Art in Education and Learning, and
4. Art in the Community.
Overall purpose of the Job
This is a key role in the development and implementation of Artcore’s fundraising strategy that aims to build a sustainable and diverse funding base for Artcore. The role is responsible for building relationships with our supporters, customers and local businesses and seeking out opportunities to meet fundraising goals. The role will work with the senior management team to support the development of Artcore as a creative centre for visual arts.
This role is responsible for the operations and management, ensuring that Artcore is delivering across our 4 core strands. The Development Manager will work with Artcore Directors to look at ways to sustain and increase Artcore’s services, earned income and income-generating projects.
Short and Long Term Programme of activities
1. Develop and implement Artcore’s three year strategic plan for fundraising to maximise income generation.
2. Ensure fundraising targets are met and exceeded
3. Devise and develop a model for corporate partnerships and sponsorship
4. Creation and execution of business plan
5. Developing and implementing chargeable events, establishing and promoting partnership working.
6. Research for Trusts and Foundations and writing high quality applications
7. Develop and coordinate web-based fundraising, and feasibility of using resources such as online auctions, crowdfunding and merchandise sales
8. Monthly reporting, including reporting to the Board of Trustees,
9. Implement robust processes, plans and supporting budgets to maximise accuracy and efficiency
10. Work closely with the directors and finance officer as part of a small team
11. Assist the Directors with any online reports, website developments
12. Be responsible for the implementation of policies and procedures of Artcore, including safeguarding and equal opportunities monitoring.
13. Liaise with the Directors and staff to ensure that the work is of high quality and meets the expectations of funders, partner organisations and others.
14. Proactively seek opportunities to raise funds for and to promote the work of Artcore through contributions to appropriate publications, dissemination of information to external stakeholders and personal presentations at relevant conferences and forums.
15. Undertake any other tasks which may be reasonably required within the post and range of experience, expertise and skills.
Performance will be measured by working towards project outcomes. Achievement will be measured against the agreed objectives through regular meetings with the Directors, through progress reports for Trustees and through the staff review process.
- Minimum Degree level Qualification
- Ability to confidently use IT including emails,
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- A bachelor's degree in a business field (desirable)
- Minimum 3 years relevant work experience
- A proven track record of delivering fundraising success in a charitable organisation, ideally across multiple fundraising areas
- Successfully raised funds from major donors
- Experience of writing effective grant applications and ensuring reporting on successful bids
- Experience of building capacity and sharing knowledge.
- Experience of budgeting and managing resources.
- sales, marketing or business management experience
- Experience of developing and implementing strategic plans
- Experience of staff management and ability to team-build and generate supportive, cohesive and productive team relationships.
- An understanding of safeguarding and child protection
- Well-developed literacy and written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate with people from a variety of social, cultural and professional backgrounds
- The ability to work as part of a team and also to be self-motivated and directed
- An understanding of working with Black and Minority Ethnic individuals in a compassionate and empowering way. (Desirable)
- A good understanding of modern administrative systems, including that of finance and statistical data. (Desirable)
- A good knowledge and understanding of current Safeguarding, Health and Safety, Equal Opportunities and Data Protection Act legislation. (Desirable)
- Excellent influencing and relationship building skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; a collaborative team player
- Strong problem-solving and creative skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Tenacity in seeking results and a high level of representational and negotiation skills
- Ability to make decisions and take the initiative, as part of managing a varied workload
- Experience in the arts and charity sector (Desirable)
- Knowledge of businesses in Derbyshire (Desirable)
- Creative, passionate and flexible character
- A generator of new ideas
- Resilience, particularly when faced with setbacks
- Willingness to carry out a range of administrative tasks
The first three months of your employment shall be a probationary period. We may, at our discretion, extend this period for up to a further three months. During this probationary period your performance and suitability for continued employment will be monitored. At the end of your probationary period you will be informed in writing if you have successfully completed your probationary period.
To find out more or to apply please see: http://www.artcoreuk.com/opportunities/