Cambridge University Press has an opportunity available for a Scrum Master to join the team based in Cambridge. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, we are offering a competitive salary of £35,702 - £42,843 per annum depending on experience, plus benefits.
We have over 2,500 talented employees across 50 international offices uniting all our publishing groups. We’re one of the world’s most respected publishers, driven by the purpose of unlocking people’s potential with the best learning and research solutions.
We need determined individuals to help make this happen. We work in global teams, tackle the big issues, raise education standards, and deliver innovative solutions to learners and researchers.
We will offer a fantastic benefits package to the Scrum Master
- Dynamic work environment that empowers you to be your best
- Group personal pension
- Free life assurance
- Inclusive and flexible working environment
- 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- On-site fitness facilities
- Easily accessible with a 10 minutes walk from the train station
About the role
Our Digital Shared Services department has an opportunity for an experienced, dynamic and enthusiastic Scrum Master to join the Web Delivery Team.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Delivery of new website features
- Support for our marketing campaigns
- Improve the user experience
- Provide a reliable service to our internal and external customers
What do we look for in a Scrum Master?
You will have a good grasp of a variety of product discovery and planning techniques, able to assist the team and product owner to maximise the value delivered. You will be adaptable and experienced enough to try different approaches but always encouraging decisiveness.
You will be comfortable with being experimental and trying new things but confident and persistent enough to deal with challenges and challenging people.
In addition, you will also posses the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience, ideally applying Agile with an off-shore team
- Solid understanding of Scrum and awareness of other Agile methods
- Familiarity with common tools (Jira etc)
- Good presentation skills and the ability to explain concepts and issues to a wide range of people
- A continuous Improvement mind-set
- Understanding of good engineering practices
- An agile certification will show you understand the basics, but we'll be more interested in your practical experience and achievements with your team(s)
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join an organisation that plays a leading role in today’s global market place as our Scrum Master.
If you’re ready to embrace the challenges and opportunities this role brings then please complete our online application form by Wednesday 1st August.