Legal Secretarial and Audio Typist roles
Hugh James Jobs - July 2018 | Indeed
Our client based in the centre of Cardiff have Opportunities that has arisen for digital dictation and administration secretaries to join the corporate support pool, property support pool and the claimant support pool.
The role of the digital dictation and administration secretary is to deliver typing support and general administration support to the corporate, claimant or property division and firm-wide when required.
Duties will include:
- Audio typing of correspondence, reports, forms and other documents via the digital dictation system.
- Carrying out general administration work such as photocopying, filing and sorting post as required.
- Answering internal calls as well as client calls, taking messages and ensuring appropriate referral.
- Managing diaries and organise meetings for fee earners where delegated.
- Assist Senior Secretaries as directed.
- Willingly work with and support the wider secretarial team to meet work flow peaks.
- Maintain all paper and electronic files in an orderly and retrievable manner.
The successful candidate will have competent IT skills including MS Word and Outlook as well as good written and oral communication skills.
The ideal candidate will possess a minimum speed of 55 wpm. Familiar with the use of digital dictation will be beneficial.
Good telephone manner, accuracy and attention to detail are essential along with a pro-active team work approach.