Contract and Delivery Manager
Contract and Delivery Manager
£40,800 (rising to £42,000 per annum upon successful completion of probation)
Closing Date | Tuesday 24th July 2018
Successful applicants must be able to attend an assessment centre/interview on Friday 3rd August 2018.
Cobalt Housing is a registered housing association based in North Liverpool. Cobalt was formed in February 2003 following the transfer of our homes from Liverpool City Council.
We manage and maintain 6000 affordable homes in the Fazakerley, Croxteth and Norris Green areas of North Liverpool.
As the majority landlord in the area we are also actively engaged in a wide range of economic, neighbourhood and community regeneration activities in the area we serve.
By providing quality places to live, and support to those who need it, we play our part in developing thriving communities where people are proud to live and can be their best.
Role and Responsibilities
Cobalt Housing are seeking an experienced Contract and Delivery Manager to join our experienced and supportive Asset Management team. Based in our Croxteth HQ, the role will be professionally accountable for ensuring that our stock is fit for purpose, safe and meets all legislative requirements.
Reporting to the Head of Asset Management, this role is key to the delivery of a high-quality Repairs Service for approximately 6000 properties in the Croxteth area of Merseyside. Leading a team of qualified technical specialist’s, supervisors, office-based staff and external repairs contractors the individual will have a strong commercial drive with the ability to identify opportunities for growth. They must have a track record of providing effective contract management and service delivery leadership and organise the workload and deployment of resources.
Other responsibilities for this role include;
- To be responsible for the technical function within Cobalt.
- To effectively deliver day to day repair, alterations and disrepair service ensuring performance and budget targets are monitored and met utilising internal and external contractors.
- Responsible for the management and delivery of all elements of the property service including: day to day, the responsive repairs service, including out-of-hours.
- Overall responsibility for operational management of contracts., effectively managing all contractors to ensure best value and quality of services.
- To lead in the identification of contracts requiring procurement supporting the procurement team in the development of specifications and the evaluation of appropriate contractors
- Develop and deliver an effective project management approach to support business change and business improvement plans and proactively identify new opportunities for efficiencies in service delivery and improved Value for Money whilst maintaining a high-quality service.
- To have responsibility for budget expenditure for the above. To effectively manage delegated budgets ensuring monthly monitoring of management accounts, trend analysis, exception reporting and remedial actions for any under/overspend.
- To lead the property and direct service teams to manage and maintain the property assets and provide excellent repairs, servicing, estate and maintenance services to all residents and stakeholders. To lead and manage the building surveying team to manage all contracts on a commercial basis, developing an in depth understanding of cost drivers and opportunities to increase efficiencies of the service.
- Manage contracts and delivery to ensure all issues are identified and mitigation plans are put in place.
- Compile as required, statistical data including performance indicators; analysing results, identify trends and implementing appropriate actions. Compile and prepare reports as required for the Head of Asset Management.
- To be the “go to” expert within Cobalt delivering a diagnosis service, managing complex repairs and liaising with tenants and residents required, providing the required reports to the Head of Asset including review of risks and any mitigation required.
- Responsibility for managing: Environmental Health Notices or enquiries; Party Wall matters; buildings insurance claims and all other property related matters.
Key Skills and Attributes
To be considered for this role, you will need a strong track record in delivering effective and varied contract management to a large portfolio of properties and associated budgets whilst successfully managing and motivating surveyors, supervisors and contractors.
You should also have the ability to assess the risks associated with lone working and other health and safety hazards associated with the technical nature of the job including the ability to communicate and report un-assessed risks to others.
It is also essential that the successful candidate should hold a relevant professional qualification: CIOB / CIH/ RICS (or be working towards), equivalent qualification or comparable through experience or qualification in role related subject.
It is also essential that the selected candidate should be able to work on their own initiative and will adhere to and promote Cobalt values and behaviours.
Cobalt's standard working week is 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday. The successful candidate will enjoy 28 days holiday, plus 3 additional days for Christmas shut down, as well as the option to join the company pension Scheme.
Cobalt Housing is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
How to Apply
Click the apply button and follow the instructions.
You will be directed to our client’s career page where you will be required to email an up to date CV and covering letter across to email@example.com