£40,800 (rising to £42,000 per annum upon successful completion of probation)
Closing Date | Tuesday 24th July 2018.
Candidates should be able to attend an Assessment Centre and Interview on Friday 3rd August 2018.
Cobalt Housing is a registered housing association based in North Liverpool. Cobalt was formed in February 2003 following the transfer of our homes from Liverpool City Council.
We manage and maintain 6000 affordable homes in the Fazakerley, Croxteth and Norris Green areas of North Liverpool.
As the majority landlord in the area we are also actively engaged in a wide range of economic, neighbourhood and community regeneration activities in the area we serve.
By providing quality places to live, and support to those who need it, we play our part in developing thriving communities where people are proud to live and can be their best.
Role and Responsibilities
Cobalt Housing are looking for a Compliance Manager to join our Assets division. Based in our Croxteth HQ, the successful candidate will report in to the Head of Asset Management and join a friendly and supportive team.
The role is responsible for leading on compliance; ensuring that Cobalt’s statutory duties, obligations, Approved Codes of Practice (ACOP), official guidance standards and best practice are all met on time within budget. This includes our obligations in respect of Gas Servicing, Legionella, Asbestos, Electrical and other associated mechanical and electrical services within all our housing and corporate assets ensuring the safety of customers, colleagues and contractors. The Compliance Manager is Cobalt’s specialist advisor, responsible person and budget manager for compliance and will work with the Delivery Team, consultants, contractors and other partners within a variety of budgets and processes.
Other responsibilities for this role include;
- To ensure all members of the Operations Department are aware of the Landlord’s compliance responsibilities and have an affective route to continually improve.
- To develop and produce regular assurance reports for senior managers covering all areas of performance, processes, procedures and statutory compliance responsibilities.
- To lead on the development of the compliance schedule for corporate and housing assets to ensure an effective operational framework is developed to meet the needs of Cobalt and its Tenants, monitoring KPI’s and escalating performance issues or compensation events to the Head of Asset Management.
- To assist the Contracts and Delivery Manager on the selection and appointment of contractors and consultants in relation to compliance services in accordance with the Cobalt’s financial standing orders and regulations for procurement; to propose, implement and manage the most effective models for the compliance of Cobalt’s corporate and housing assets and procuring contracts to deliver the required services.
- Compile as required, statistical data including performance indicators; analysing results, identify trends and implementing appropriate actions. Compile and prepare reports as required for the Head of Asset Management.
- To assist in the development of Strategies, Policies and Procedures as required, identifying any gaps and reporting to the Head of Asset Management on considerations for improvement. Ensuring that policies, procedures and working practices are reviewed and updated on a regular basis so that Cobalt has a robust compliance framework that effectively manages all risks associated with compliance activities.
- To manage a team to deliver against a strong set of Performance Indicators with challenging targets.
- To manage and deliver an effective performance management framework within the team to ensure both team and individual performance targets are established, monitored and managed.
- To report on agreed performance areas as requested and to collate and submit statistical returns.
Key Skills and Attributes
To be considered for this role, you will need to have a proven track record of managing statutory compliance contracts, complemented with extensive knowledge of health and safety management and the ability to effectively challenge unsafe practises.
You will also need a relevant professional qualification in Landlord compliance areas: CIOB / CIH/ RICS / Equivalent qualification or comparable through experience or qualification in role related subject (or be willing to study towards this).
It is essential that the successful candidate should be able to work on their own initiative and will adhere to and promote Cobalt values and behaviours.
Cobalt's standard working week is 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday. The successful candidate will enjoy 28 days holiday, plus 3 additional days for Christmas shut down, as well as the option to join the company pension Scheme.
Cobalt Housing is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
How to Apply
Click the apply button and follow the instructions.
You will be directed to our client’s career page where you will be required to email an up to date CV and covering letter across to firstname.lastname@example.org