HSQE and Facilities Manager
HSQE and Facilities Manager
Permanent, Full Time Position
Salary : £35,000
Our client is the UK's leading provider of Waste Management Solutions & Container. In the UK they manufacture 4 wheeled metal bins steel containers. They are also distributors for a range of other waste solutions. Products are used extensively throughout the UK and exported on a global basis.
They have ambitious plans to expand the business both domestically and internationally over the next 2- 3 years.
They are proud of their heritage and capability but also that they are a true UK company competing, successfully, on a global basis. As part of this expansion we are looking to recruit a key position.
Roles and Responsibilities
Health, Safety and Environment
To build and maintain an efficient and effective health, safety and environmental management system to ensure legal compliance, safe working principles and practice, develop continuous improvement and protected from undue exposure to risk.
To build and maintain an efficient and effective management system structured around BS EN ISO 9001 and BS EN ISO 14001 and to provide a total quality assurance service for all products, services and processes in meeting both the customers and business requirements.
The management of services and processes that support the core business of the organisation. To ensure that an organisation has a legal, effective and suitable working environment for its employees and their activities. To maintain activities in association of both hard and soft FM services through the organisation. Ensure the best business practice to improve efficiency, maintaining equipment and grounds and providing a planned and preventative maintenance focused on reducing operating costs whilst increasing productivity.
- To take overall responsibility for the planning and action of the Health, Safety, Environmental and sustainability Policy for all employees and third parties who have dealings with the company.
- To maintain the administration of a business management system, processes and procedures in accordance with the requirements BS EN9001, BS EN ISO 14001, HSG 265 and best business practice.
- To ensure company documentation is relevant and maintained to comply with current legislation and good practice.
- To help employees in whichever way necessary to be responsible for the health and safety of themselves and others and their Environmental Impact, giving advice and assistance when required.
- To develop contingency planning/emergency response procedures in line with an effective Business Continuity Program.
- To review all accidents and incidents and make appropriate investigations and corrective actions to prevent re-occurrence and continuous improvement.
- To provide statistical analysis data to Senior Management to ensure that all management and directors are aware of accidents, incidents, legislation changes, breaches of legislation, trends and ongoing company performance.
- Maintain effective budgetary cost control of the HSQE & Facilities department budget and expenditure
- Control an effective auditing service on behalf of the company both externally and internally
- Provide an effective liaison with customers and suppliers regarding matters of Quality, Environment & Safety, including monitoring, reporting and initiating corrective actions relating to customer complaints.
- Develop, instigate and maintain active training programs for all site employees to ensure employee development at all levels.
- Ensure that buildings and their services meet the needs of the occupants and users as efficiently, safely and cost effectively as possible.
- Strategic planning and day-to-day facilities operations, particularly in relation to buildings, plant maintenance, contractors, hard and soft FM, grounds maintenance and premises.
- Proven time management skills specifically the ability to organise and prioritise as and where required.
- Ability to be self-motivated and work either alone or as part of a team.
- Strong communicator and use to dealing with customers, suppliers and members of the senior Management team.
- Conscientious and meticulous to detail, whilst maintaining a level head in making a decision
- Self-motivated and forward thinking – generates new ideas and improve
- General knowledge of best industry practice in respect to HSQE, Facilities, PPM, Maintenance & Grounds Management
- Legal aspects in respect to business day to day operations, Health, Safety and Environment.
- Formal IQA qualification in Quality Engineering and Management principles.
- Minimum of NEBS Business Management Certificate
- Full understanding of Process Management Systems to meet the requirement of Quality, Environment & Safety
- Qualified in Internal Auditing with a recognised authority
- Driving licence
- NEBOS / IOSH Safety Management Certificate
- Degree / HNC / Diploma in Facilities Management, Business Management / Quality Management
- Certificate In Environmental Management Systems
- Qualified Trainer with Experience OF Delivering Training Programs & Presentations to Groups of people.
- Membership of IOSH, IQA and BIFM
If you meet the criteria, please submit your details online for immediate consideration.
Closing date for this post will be the: Friday 20th July 2018
Orange Recruitment is advertising this position on behalf of our client. By clicking apply you accept that your application will be forwarded to only this client in order for them to consider you for the role.
Apply for HSQE and Facilities Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly