£29,450 (rising to £31,000 upon successful completion of probation)
Closing Date | Tuesday 24th July 2018
Successful applicants must be able to attend an assessment centre/interview on Friday 3rd August 2018.
Cobalt Housing is a registered housing association based in North Liverpool. Cobalt was formed in February 2003 following the transfer of our homes from Liverpool City Council.
We manage and maintain 6000 affordable homes in the Fazakerley, Croxteth and Norris Green areas of North Liverpool.
As the majority landlord in the area we are also actively engaged in a wide range of economic, neighbourhood and community regeneration activities in the area we serve.
By providing quality places to live, and support to those who need it, we play our part in developing thriving communities where people are proud to live and can be their best.
Role and Responsibilities
Cobalt Housing are excited to be recruiting for a Customer Lead, to join one of North Liverpool’s mainstream Landlords. Based in Croxteth, the successful candidate will report in to the Head of Service and join a friendly and supportive team.
Supporting the Neighbourhood Manager, the Customer Lead will manage the Customer Relationship / Neighbourhood Officers in a geographical area supporting delivery of generic housing management including: allocations, arrears, void management, estate management, customer/ resident involvement, lettings and other customer interactions.
This role will take responsibility for ensuring that targets and objectives are delivered. Working with the Neighbourhood Manager and the Income and ASB specialist officers they will help with identifying and addressing Neighbourhood and customer priorities and make sure that their team are motivated and supported.
Other responsibilities for this role include;
- To assist with management of the Neighbourhood team and function within the wider neighbourhood team. To help to lead the delivery of flexible, effective and efficient housing management and customer interaction services, making best use of team resources and available budgets to tackle key identified issues.
- To help to create a supportive, fair and positive culture within which team members are motivated and can develop and maximise their skills and abilities. To use the Continuous Professional Development (CPD) and One-to-One processes effectively to deliver this.
- To assist with the Neighbourhood Plan approach to managing our neighbourhoods. Specifically, to help to gather information that identifies key issues and risks to be addressed and then creation and delivery of an action plan for each neighbourhood, in conjunction with other teams and stakeholders.
- Allocations – support and guide the team to ensure that properties are advertised and allocated at the earliest opportunity with full regard to targets for relets and the sustainability of tenancies. Assist with audits to ensure performance and conformity with process, legislation and our nomination commitment.
- Tenancy Management – lead the officers delivering housing management services, working closely with the ASB and Income specialist officers. To ensure that housing management functions are delivered in line with policies and procedures and to measure the outcomes.
- Customer Contact – lead officers to ensure all tenancy management or asset related matter are resolved as best as possible at first contact. Working with collaboratively to ensure supporting processes and procedure are robust to deliver excellent customer service.
- To work with the team, stakeholders and our legal advisors to agree and approve legal remedies to tackle varying tenancy breaches and protect communities
- To deliver an effective performance management framework within the team to ensure both team and individual performance targets are established, monitored and managed. To assist with the collation and submission of reports on agreed performance areas as requested.
- To actively participate and lead where requested our approach to Service Excellence by helping to develop Service Excellence Plans (SEPs) in conjunction with customers and colleagues. Ensure that these reflect emerging legislative changes, sector risks and opportunities.
- Work with local partners, promoting our products and services in line with corporate objectives and our values.
- Nurture, encourage and lead effective resident involvement within the neighbourhoods served, ensuring that all officers within the CRO team also engage positively with resident groups and individuals.
- To support the evolution of the customer experience with innovative technology.
- To assist in the development of Strategies, Policies and Procedures as required and to ensure conformity within the team to these approaches.
Key Skills and Attributes
To be considered for this role, you will need to have strong experience of managing teams to deliver Corporate objectives and excellent customer services, including maximising the performance of services either through direct provision or partnership working.
You will also need to have a track record of working closely with residents to deliver improvement to services and localities, as well of housing management, technical services, housing law and best practice relating to neighbourhood and tenancy management.
It is essential that the successful candidate should be able to work on their own initiative and will adhere to and promote Cobalt values and behaviours.
Cobalt's standard working week is 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday.
The successful candidate will enjoy 23 days holiday, Flexi time, plus 3 additional days for Christmas shut down, as well as the option to join the company pension Scheme.
Cobalt Housing is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
How to Apply
Click the apply button and follow the instructions.
You will be directed to our client’s career page where you will be required to email an up to date CV and covering letter across to firstname.lastname@example.org