Head of Business Development
5 days left
- Full Time
Head of Business Development
Salary: £58,000 - £65,000
What it’s about
We are looking for a Head of Business Development to grow our Education Services business globally, working with Ministries of Education and other national education organisations to achieve real change. You will proactively develop new business opportunities, identifying, negotiating and securing new contracts through strategic partnerships with government agencies, funding agencies, NGOs and other educational organisations.
This is an incredibly important role as we continue to raise our Education Services business profile across the world. As the Head of Business Development, you will have a tenacious yet consultative approach to business development, with the ability to inspire and lead your small team to exceed revenue targets and ambitious growth plans. Based from Cambridge, this opportunity will have opportunities for global travel to grow our customer base.
What you’ll be doing
The principle accountabilities for the Head of Business Development are:
- Own the business development strategy to achieve the ambitious Education Services growth strategy and manage the business development strategy implementation. The strategy will give a structure and approach to manage the responsibilities listed, to improve our ability to win bids and to achieve business plan revenue targets.
- Highly effective line management of the business development team, including functional matrix management of senior staff working overseas, and additional external consultant capacity.
- Effectively and proactively leads the team in lead generation: identifying, researching, evaluating and pursuing possible opportunities; building, developing and nurturing relationships with Ministries of Education and other non-governmental national organisations effectively positioning Cambridge International as a credible education reform partner and raising our profile as an authority in education reform and assessment.
- Ensures new opportunities are effectively analysed and assessed using a consistent and clear process to manage risk to Cambridge International and to identify those prospects most likely to develop into a client. Manages the business development funnel to nurture prospects through to customer.
- Demonstrates responsibility for, and provides highly effective leadership in, the development of proposals and tenders for new work from conception to contract signing providing technical expertise where appropriate, leading the business development team. Ensures proposals are fit for purpose to meet client educational needs and are deliverable by Cambridge International. Ensures a coordinated approach and handover to project implementation.
- Build relationships to support achievement of annual growth targets. Work closely across Cambridge Assessment and across the university (in particular with Faculty of Education and CUP) to work together to win business opportunities. Identify and develop ways of working with partners, either international partners who can fill a gap in our offer or local partners who can support different delivery models, or donor ‘partners’ who can provide funds or enabling partners such as British Council and Department for International Trade.
What we’re looking for
You will have a proven and successful background in winning new contracts with ministries of education and other educational organisations. In addition to the ability to communicate and negotiate with senior stakeholders internally and within our prospective customer base, you will have experience of providing strategic direction and of managing a business development team.
You will have a passion for education and a natural leadership style that promotes empowerment and collaboration. You’ll also be an agile thinker with the ability to adapt to changing circumstances through creative problem-solving.
-Educated to degree level or equivalent experience.
- Problem solving and business analysis
- Strategic vision with attention to detail
- Financial understanding and acumen
- Legal understanding and acumen
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, able to operate tactfully with ministry level clients
- Working with and through others
- Proven track record of winning contracts with governments
- Excellent networking and diplomatic skills
- Developing complex successful bids for high value government sector work
- Significant business development experience essential
- Writing and presenting proposals and negotiating contracts
- Building and maintaining senior relationships
- Business development in the field of education desirable
- Working internationally across a range of cultures
- Open, consultative, persuasive
- Builds trust and engagement
- Works independently, plans and monitors work and hits challenging deadlines
- Attention to detail
Who we are
Cambridge Assessment International Education is part of Cambridge Assessment, a not-for-profit organisation and a department of the University of Cambridge. Our international qualifications are recognised by the world’s best universities and employers, giving students a wide range of options in their education and career. Our Education Services department focuses on providing sustainable solutions to help clients improve their education systems.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with your life both inside and outside of work:
- Generous contributory pension
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
- Cycle scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Subsidised staff restaurants
- Support for professional qualifications
- Discounted access to the University of Cambridge Sport Centre, along with various other local gyms.
We know that diversity of thinking, backgrounds and approaches leads to innovation and creates an atmosphere where everyone’s contribution is valued. As well as wanting to create diverse teams, we also value diversity in the way our people approach their work.
Work/life balance is important to us at Cambridge Assessment and we offer our colleagues a range of flexible working options according to the needs of the business and the individual, so please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 25/07/2018 and face to face interviews will be held on 13/08/2018 and 14/08/2018.
As a part of this recruitment process, you may be asked to carry out a Sonru video interview prior to the face to face interview shortlist being finalised.
If you’re successful at interview stage we will ask you to undergo background screening (carried out by Credence Background Screening Ltd), to ensure that all information provided to us is accurate. We wish you all the very best with your application.
CAMBRIDGE ASSESSMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER