Our client based at Heathrow Airport is offering some great opportunities for Baggage Handlers to join them.
In order to be meet the criteria required, you will need to:
- Be able to make your own way to Heathrow Airport 24/7
- Provide Eligibility to work in the UK
- Be Physically Fit
- Must not have lived outside the UK for more than 6 months at a time in the last 5 years.
- Provide 5 years written references and support any gaps of 30 days or more
Overall Job Purpose:
Deliver high-performance standards around all aspects of baggage handling, meeting the requirements of our customers and maintaining health and safety and overall good working practices in accordance to company policies and procedures at all times.
Accountabilities and Duties: Operational
- On-load and off-load baggage manually or mechanically, in accordance with the relevant training received
- Gather, input and process all data and documentation necessary for the fulfilment of the success of the operation, by manual, automated or computerised systems, including weather reporting
- Undertake all relevant baggage sortation duties in a safe and efficient manner
- Carry out area hazard checks
- Carry our aircraft inspections
- Carry out equipment inspections
- Report any faults or irregularities with equipment, facilities or processes to the appropriate management
- Carry out Headset duties, including communication with the flight deck, in accordance with the relevant training received
- Operate position and remove company equipment, in a safe and efficient manner, in accordance with the relevant training received. Compliance
- Carry out all Baggage Handling related activities (as above) as directed by the Company through its policies, procedures and training to ensure the success of the operation including the following:
- Remain up to date with all station notices relating to policies and procedures
- Remain up to date with all relevant operational training
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment at all times
- Comply with the Company’s open, fair and honest reporting culture Professional Standards
- Respectful, supportive and Friendly approach
- Clear and honest communication
- Passionate and driven
- Flexible and understanding of changing priorities and situations
- Punctual and reliable
- Confident and focused
Visit our website to apply.