£21,352.50 per annum / £10.95 per hour
First opening at our permanent home in 1969, Newquay Zoo is home to over 1,000 of the world’s rarest and endangered animals.
Now part of the Whitley Wildlife Conservation Trust, we form a key part of south-west conservation alongside Paignton Zoo and Living Coasts in Torquay.
We’re proud to support overseas conservation programmes, helping conserve endangered species including red fronted macaws, pangolins and sloths. We also boast our own pride of lions and a group of capybaras.
This is an amazing opportunity to join us as a Marketing Co-ordinator and help maintain our zoo’s place as one of the South-West’s top attractions and a key conservation centre.
Your Benefits (after probationary period):
- 28 days’ paid holiday (inclusive of Bank Holidays) rising to 33 days after five years
- Company sick pay
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- Complimentary tickets
- Free staff parking
- Branded uniform provided (as required)
- Internal and external training
- Free entry to our three zoos (for you and your immediate family)
- Discounts in our catering and retail outlets (as applicable)
Our zoo is a wonderful place to visit, learn and experience for every member of the family, old and young. It’s also a unique and exciting place to work – your daily commute will involve seeing some of the planet’s most exotic animals on your way to the office.
Picture the majestic capybara in the morning sunshine, lions stretching as they contemplate their breakfast and the penguins waking up and having a morning natter.
What’s more, our zoo and the Whitley Wildlife Trust is an amazing place to advance your career as you will be able to see the direct impact of your work and how the funding from increased visitor numbers enables the continued work of the Trust in supporting endangered species and growing population numbers.
Not only this, you’ll find that it’s the animals who are the real heroes and new additions to the zoo population such as the Lynx kittens born in June this year make coming up with new marketing ideas something of a doddle.
As our Marketing Co-ordinator, you will be tasked with supporting and implementing the annual marketing strategy.
Specifically, you’ll be involved in managing marketing budgets, delivering marketing activities, and protecting our corporate identity.
As part of your role you will be required to act as the Duty Manager for the zoo on a rota basis.
Your role will include:
- Managing digital marketing activity in conjunction with the Marketing Manager
- Supporting the development of an annual programme of events alongside the Events Co-ordinator and Guest Services Team
- Managing the media and PR strategy and media and PR visits
- Helping to maximise fundraising efforts from corporate sponsors and individuals
- Representing our zoo at various regional tourism forums and networking opportunities
- Getting involved in exciting out-of-hours events such as Fearsome Feasts and Big Cats and Cupcakes
To be considered as a Marketing Co-ordinator, you will need:
- Marketing experience gained within the leisure and tourism industry
- Experience of PR and fundraising
- A creative approach
- Excellent budget, project and people management skills
- A full driving licence
A CIM qualification would be beneficial to your application.
We are interested in hearing from you if you have held the role of Marketing Co-ordinator, Marketing Assistant, Marketing Executive, Marketing and PR Executive, Marketing and Event Executive, or Digital Marketing Executive.
Please note, the closing date for this role is the 26th July 2018.
Webrecruit and Newquay Zoo are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you fancy walking and talking with the animals as a Marketing Co-ordinator, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.