Learning Support Assistant
The Junior section of King's Ely wishes to recruit two Learning Support Assistants. The successful candidates will have the breadth of vision and educational imagination to help us enable each pupil to thrive.
- A passion for working with children
- Ability to empathise with, support and counsel children
- A demonstrable team player with first-rate interpersonal skills
- Attended relevant disability support training (Dyslexia, Dyspraxia etc.)
Learning Support Assistant Duties
- Admin tasks for the Learning Support Department
- Undertaking general support roles for teachers
- Supporting students and assisting with computer work
- Reporting to the Head of Learning Support and Head of King’s Ely Junior
- 3 day Christmas “shutdown”
- Staff discount on school fees
- Private healthcare insurance
- Free use of school gym facilities
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Pension scheme
About King’s Ely
King’s Ely is a thriving independent school with around 1000 pupils aged 1–18 years old, of which approximately 200 over the age of 8 are boarders. We aim to instil a passion for learning in our students, and encourage them to push beyond the boundaries of their expectations.
Start date: September 2018
King's Ely is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.