Financial Controller / Credit Controller / Finance Executive
Job Title: Financial Controller
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
They a leading rail construction and infrastructure services company with a history of delivering high quality, environmentally sustainable railway in the UK.
The Financial Controller will work closely with the Finance Director in order to achieve the objectives of the business and will provide the necessary financial input. The successful candidate will be responsible for the provision of timely, accurate and appropriate financial and management information across the company. They will also be responsible for managing the Central Finance team.
- Financial Control and Budgetary Planning: Provide and assist executive management in preparing the annual business plan and providing necessary financial control support to Directors and Managers alongside monitoring against agreed financial parameters. The candidate should ideally have experience of working in a Group environment and ideally should have been part of, a systems implementation.
- Accounting: Financial Analysis and Management Reporting; Ensure that financial data is analysed and presented in a timely and appropriate manner by directing and supervising of the monthly management accounts preparation, quarterly reporting and preparation of statutory financial statements as required. Co-ordinating activities of internal and external auditors and ensuring that all requirements are met in a timely and effective manner
- Treasury: The Financial Controller will play an important role in managing the cash flows of the business in an efficient and effective manner. The Financial Controller will hold day-to-day relationships with the banks and providers of external financing and show knowledge of financial instruments as well as keeping abreast of the latest and most appropriate financing alternatives available. They will be required to evaluate the appropriateness of various financing alternatives and recommend their applicability.
- Regulatory and Tax compliance and reporting: The Financial Controller must have knowledge of financial and tax related matters and to ensure that a monitoring system is in place to confirm compliances.
- Build and develop a strong finance team: The scope of work includes developing a strong Finance team of functional experts to ensure both sound accounting and control policies & practices and effective financial support to the business. The Financial Controller will need to motivate the team and ensure commitment to high performance standards.
Qualifications and experience required:
- ACA who qualified from a Big 4 firm with experience of IFRS and UK GAAP and has first time passes alongside 5 years of Post Qualification Experience ("PQE").
- A relevant degree qualification (2:1 or above) and also demonstrable practical experience within finance role(s) in a profit-orientated companies, showing familiarity with infrastructure and/or outsourced and managed support services in a project/contract costing background and with experience in construction or related industry
- A desire to work in a dedicated financial control role working in a fast-paced team environment and a robust and enthusiastic personality and a demonstration of the ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Experience of reporting requirements demanded by a Group finance function combined with the technical discipline of supporting the Group's accounting system and other support systems.
- High standards, approachable, pragmatic, practical, grounded and with the ability to influence and a desire to develop both themselves and their role over time. Excellent communication skills and the highest standard of computer literacy which are essential requirements.
The Company values and encourages diversity in our workforce, regardless of background, disability or gender. As part of their aim to deliver quality services, they are committed to promoting equality and eliminating discrimination.
The Company currently works with a number of approved recruitment suppliers. They are therefore unable to consider either CVs or speculative proposals from any other agencies
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Finance Manager, Finance Supervisor, Management Accountant, Financial Executive, CIMA, ACCA, Finance Controller may also be considered for this role.