DERBY PRIDE ACADEMY
Do you have a degree or are you due to qualify?
Are you considering teaching as a career, but worried about the cost?
Would you like to start a teacher training course?
At Derby Pride Academy we can offer a two year placement, fees paid, with recognised
Qualified Teacher Status accreditation.
You would train on the job with excellent support and mentoring. Over two years you would build up a portfolio of evidence of your teaching practice and be accredited via the Assessment Only Route to Qualified Teacher Status and then go on the following year to pass your probationary period as a Newly Qualified Teacher with us.
You would receive a starting wage of £18,560 and move on to the Main Professional Scale of £22,917 as an NQT. Beyond that pay scale rises are considered annually related to performance.
Derby Pride Academy is proud to be one of the first Alternative Provision Free Schools opened in the country.
OFSTED (April 2014) judged us to be OUTSTANDING overall.
- In the short time that students attend the academy, their academic achievement improves from poor to outstanding.
- The quality of teaching, care and guidance for the students is exceptional.
- Relationships amongst students and between students and staff are excellent.
- Students make very rapid progress in improving their behaviour.
The Governors are looking for an individual who:
- has the ability and desire to contribute positively to the academy community;
- has excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to inspire others;
- is resilient and patient.
Full Safeguarding Procedures are followed in the appointment of staff
To apply for this post, please complete an application form enclosing a letter of application.
Closing date: Thursday 19 th July 2018 at noon
Interviews to be held: w/c Monday 23 rd July 2018