Benefits: 28 days holiday, pension scheme
Hours: Full time
Our clients are local community pharmacy chain providing a free prescription collection and delivery service from all surgeries across the Greater Manchester area, directly to the comfort of your home. Since they were establishment in 2009, our client has grown substantially to four branches, however their values and mission remain the same, to provide healthcare at its peak.
They are currently looking to recruit an Optical Assistant to assist the Optometrist. You will provide information to customers, working alongside the Optometrist, to help them select the best products and services.
- Greeting patients
- Handling and responding to correspondence
- Answering customer enquiries or passing them on to the appropriate person.
- Maintaining patient records
- Assisting with vision tests and teaching patients how to use and care for contact lenses.
- Arranging appointments for patients, via phone, e-mail and in person.
- Taking information from customers and entering it on a database.
- Taking payments by cash, or card.
- Making sure that the customer's experience is a positive one.
- Keeping the desk area and shop front clean and tidy at all times.
- Arranging and maintaining shop displays
- Selecting, managing and ordering a range of optical products
The Ideal Candidate:
- GCSE’s, A Levels and/or Higher, or equivalent experience
- Optical diplomas or courses desirable.
- Previous experience in retail, customer service or optical preferred
- High attention to detail.
- IT Literate
- High level of spoken and written English
If you believe you are the ideal candidate APPLY today!
Keywords: Retail, Optical, Medical, Pharmacy, Technician, Optical Sales, Customer service, Optometrist, Customer Service, Optical Assistant, Assistant, Junior Optometrist, Optical, Assistant.
Apply for Optical Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly