Job Title: Production Operative
Hours: This will require working a flexible weekly 2 shift pattern i.e. 7am - 7pm / 7pm - 7am with possible weekend and overtime when required.
Salary: Starting rate is £7.85/hr /Normally training takes 4-6 weeks / Salary after training £8.65 / hour breaks also paid
Our client is a well established Polythene Recycling, Polythene Film Extrusion and Polythene Film Conversion services provider. They operate from a large manufacturing facility based in Wolverhampton.
Due to continued success, our client is currently looking for Production Operatives to join their busy team.
Duties Will Include:
- You will carry out operating/setting of multiple blown film extrusion lines and a variety of product assembly operations, inspection, testing, and material/component processing tasks to meet production schedule requirements to the high standard expected.
- You will be trained to set, run, QC test and undertake maintenance activities on multiple extrusion lines, within our continuous process operation.
- You will be expected to operate, set-up and troubleshoot a range of production equipment and instruments including blown film extruders, reeling machines and quality control test equipment, efficiently meeting all production work requirements allocated following operating procedures and works instructions.
- You will be expected to produce the highest standard of work possible, in accordance with the Company‘s and ISO9001 / 14001 processes and to work as a member of a team helping to implement and carry out all company working practices and Health, Safety and Environmental procedures.
Knowledge, Key Skills and Experience:
- Running extrusion lines preferable otherwise experience in plastic processing industry generally.
- Experience of setting and operating machinery within a manufacturing environment.
- Practical hands-on mechanical ability & problem solving.
- Organised and methodical.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, able to work as part of a larger team.
- Able to work to deadlines with an attention to detail.
- Previous production, plastics manufacturing or factory experience would be beneficial but not essential.
If you feel you’re the ideal candidate that our client is looking for, then end I your CV today by clicking the APPLY button below.
Keywords: Production Operative, Production Assistant, Warehouse Operative, Production Technician, Technician, Manufacturing and Production, Manufacturing