Contracts of 21 and 24.5 hours per week, may involve working weekends and nights
About the role:
As a Care Assistant, you will make a real and positive difference to the lives of older people. Plaxton Court enables people aged 55 plus to live in their own home, within a vibrant and active community. Its aim is to promote independence and choice, so that each individual can live the life they choose. Less than two miles from the centre of Scarborough. This makes it handy for accessing the town’s many facilities and the promenade. Set in its own grounds, it enjoys an idyllic position and has panoramic views over the local countryside and out to the Scarborough coastline.
No two days are the same but you will be involved in:
• Helping residents get washed and dressed
• Assisting with feeding and drinking
• Being responsible for care plans to ensure their needs are met
• Ensuring a thorough handover with colleagues between shifts
• Working with relatives, friends and other agencies
• Keeping yourself up to date with mandatory training
Ideally you will have:
• Some experience of providing care and support either in a care setting or from personal experience (e.g. looking after family members etc)
• Good written skills
• The ability to communicate and build rapport
• Flexibility and a ‘can do’ approach.
In return we offer a real living wage along with a fabulous range of benefits as well as a programme of training and development which includes nationally recognised qualifications and an opportunity to progress your social care career.
We are also seeking to recruit relief roles so if you can spare a few hours to cover sickness and other staff absences on an ad-hoc basis please get in touch and make it clear on your application form you are seeking a relief role.
The Joseph Rowntree Foundation (JRF) is an independent social change organisation working to solve UK poverty. The Joseph Rowntree Housing Trust (JRHT) is a registered housing association and care provider in Yorkshire and the North East. JRF and JRHT are two important influencing organisations with an ambitious agenda for inspiring positive change in the UK in line with our vision of a prosperous and poverty free UK.
Closing date is Sunday 29 July 2018
At JRF/JRHT we believe in being inclusive and giving everyone an equal chance to succeed. Applications are welcome from all regardless of age, gender identity, disability, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief, race, sexual orientation, transgender status or social economic background.