Procurement Manager / Supply Chain Manager
Job Title: Procurement Manager
Location: Bishop's Stortford, Hertfordshire
Salary: Competitive + 25 days holiday, private health insurance
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent (37 hours per week)
The Company is successful Construction specialist operating in the UK. They specialise in the interior fit out of offices, residential and government buildings providing a comprehensive range of interior fit-out, joinery, washrooms and refurbishment solutions.
They are now seeking for a Procurement Manager to manage the company's supply of products and services.
The role involves heading a department of two others to strategically manage the annual spend for SIL which encompasses Drywall/Suspended Ceilings/Joinery/Glass/Sanitaryware and allied products on multiple projects. It is a hands-on role based at the Company's Head Office with a competitive salary and package benefits. The role reports to the MD and works closely with the Financial and Commercial functions. SIL use Redsky as their preferred software application for order placement, a background in a similar product is acceptable.
- Devise and use fruitful sourcing strategies
- Discover profitable suppliers and initiate business and organization partnerships
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure advantageous terms
- Approve the ordering of necessary goods and services
- Finalize purchase details of orders and deliveries
- Examine and test existing contracts
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company
- Foresee alterations in the comparative negotiating ability of suppliers and clients
- Expect unfavourable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies
- Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
- Create and update procurement price lists for key materials categories with preferred suppliers
- Place material and plant orders for designated contracts with preferred suppliers referencing CP4 requisition sheets from site
- Attend project handovers / site meetings when required to understand scope of works, materials required and site logistics
- Dealing with any invoice discrepancies concerning designated projects and ensure these are resolved. Chase for Credit Notes or PODs if required and ensure Invoices are placed on hold until resolved. Ensure Surveyors are informed of the progress of any queries
- Monitor materials in stores and carry out quarterly stock takes. Ensure that Site Managers are informed of material availability from stores to reduce stock
- Carry out internal & external audits as required including FSC, and PEFC
- Agree and keep a running record of Rebate Agreements with suppliers
The Company aims to be an employer of choice and promote equal opportunities. They are committed to continuous professional development for their employees. You will be expected to undertake available training courses and develop personal knowledge, skills and experience.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Supply Chain Manager, Distribution Manager, Senior Supply Chain Officer, Supply Chain Co-ordinator, Supply Chain Planner, Buying Project Manager, Purchasing Manager, Procurement Manager, Head of Procurement, Senior Procurement Advisor, Purchaser, Assistant Procurement Officer, Buying Executive may also be considered for this role.