Gü, the company that create delightful delicious desserts, are expanding! Gu are looking for an experienced Engineers to join their growing site in Bishops Stortford! You will be part of an outstanding company than not only offer great working hours (4 nights on 4 nights off) but also a career path that is unmatched by any other food production company.
Gü was launched in 2003 with three products, they have since grown into one of the leading premium dessert makers in the UK. They joined the Noble food group in 2010.
As an Engineer you will be required to carry out maintenance across the factory in both low and high care environments. You will attend all breakdowns onsite rapidly to ensure breakdown time for plant equipment and machinery is minimised. You will ensure engineering time is managed effectively and that there is low engineering down time.
You will have the ability to work to targets and deadlines; with the ability to communicate with all levels of the business and effective decision making skills.
Suitable candidates will have;
- Minimum of 3 years engineering experience.
- Multi-skilled with formal engineering qualification to NVQ Level 3 or higher, in an electrical or mechanical subject.
- Nationally recognised apprenticeship in an engineering discipline; and Possess 16th or 17th Edition Certification.
- Proven experience of working within the food industry is essential.
- Experience of working in a chilled or frozen environment preferable.
- Exposure to metal detectors, mixers, multi-pond weighers and pack wrappers would be an advantage.
- Extensive experience in carrying out and analysing breakdowns.
- Health and Safety/Basic Food Hygiene trained.
Benefits when working for the company include:
Free puds in the canteen
Competitive pension scheme
Free parking onsite
Apply today or call our dedicated Gu accounts team on 01727 731490.
Apply for Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly