Lead Senior Support Worker
United Response is a leading national charity providing support to young people and adults with learning disabilities and mental health needs. We believe in championing the right of disabled people to live, work, socialise and participate in the community, free of discrimination and unnecessary boundaries.
We are looking to recruiting a full-time (37.5 hpw)
Lead Senior Support Worker for our new Supported Living service based in Peasedown St. John
Salary: £9.69 per hour + sleep-ins paid at minimum wage
A car drivers is essential Making it happen- Your Role You will lead a team supporting one adult male with complex needs so experience with Autism and Challenging Behaviour is desired.
This Role comes with on-going training, generous rewards, real career progression prospects and genuine job satisfaction. Our aim is to give the people you will be supporting as much control over their own lives as possible. This is a responsible Role which is really varied, can be challenging and is extremely rewarding. The job is all about giving people encouragement, guidance and support so they can live as independently as possible and have the freedom to make their own choices.
On a daily basis, you may be involved in supporting people with the following activities:
- managing finances
- personal care
- attending Drs/hospital appointments
- socialising and many more.
About you We welcome people from all walks of life to apply for a job with us. We don’t ask for specific qualifications or experience, just that you have the compassion and integrity to treat people with dignity and respect.
Rewards and benefits In return for your passion and commitment, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- 20 days paid annual leave (plus bank holidays, pro-rata for part time), which increases after 3 and 5 years’ service
- Pension contribution
- Childcare vouchers
- Access to free occupational health, physiotherapy, counselling and advice services
- Fully paid training and access to nationally recognised qualifications
- Travel to work scheme (season ticket loan)
- Access to an online shopping platform with discounts from over 3,500 retailers
Closing date for applications 31st July 2018