1st Line Helpdesk / Support Engineer
1st Line Helpdesk/Support Engineer - Coulsdon/M25
Our client, is seeking a bright, confident and resourceful 1st Line Helpdesk / Support Engineer with a passion for technology. As a member of a professional support team you will provide a high level of customer service supporting networks, PCs, Macs, mobile devices.
Located initially in Coulsdon, Croydon during your training, with 1 day a week at Bexley. Following successful training (6 months or less) You will be working from the Bexley office.
Because you will be expected to deal with clients of all levels and backgrounds you must be polite, confident, and unflappable and possess excellent communication skills. This position will suit someone who can work within a team and unsupervised, and who is willing to work hard to develop their experience and knowledge.
- Provide excellent customer service in order to support the Company’s clients
- Carry out 1st Line Support Investigation
- Flexibility and willingness to travel to client offices/sites when necessary
- Ownership of issues/problems
- Actively provide innovative ideas & suggestions for improving working practices
Required Skills / Experience
- Windows Desktop support
- Office Suite
- Networking support & troubleshooting network connectivity both wired and wireless
- Exposure to Active Directory including good understanding of DNS & TCP/IP
- Exposure to Antivirus, anti-spyware and anti-malware technologies
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task
- VPN Troubleshooting
- Printer troubleshooting & support
- Mobile Device (iOS, Android etc.) troubleshooting and support
- Good all-round knowledge of IT
- Good communication skills both telephone and written
- Experience with cloud-based technology
- Technical experience of Apple Mac platform
- Exposure to Linux
- Commercial awareness in the needs of the business
- Location: Coulsdon, Surrey
- Hours: 8.30 – 5pm, Mon to Fri
- Start: Immediately
Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS): the company has a Safer Recruitment policy and all employees undergo an Enhanced level criminal records check which is renewed every three years. It is a criminal offence for barred individuals knowingly to seek or undertake work with children or vulnerable groups and this will render you liable for immediate dismissal. They are legally required to report such offences to the appropriate authorities.
How to apply
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply here and our client will be in direct contact.
Keywords: IT, 1st Line Support, First Line Support, Engineer
This advert is being managed by Partners of Research Ltd. trading as Hiring People. Your details will be passed onto our client. In some cases, where our client is acting on behalf of another employer, your details will also be passed onto them. We expect our clients to hold your data in a responsible fashion, but ultimately have no control. Partners of Research Ltd and/or our client may contact you confirming receipt of your application. Your data will be located on servers both within and outside the EU.
Apply for 1st Line Helpdesk / Support Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly