Skilled Fitter/Assembler - Gas and Air Compressors
Skilled Fitter/Assembler required to carry out Gas and Air compressor package assembly
Based: Irthlingborough, Northamptonshire
Our client is manufacturer of rotary compressors, vacuum pumps, and gas boosters. They are currently seeking a Skilled Fitter/Assembler to join their team.
Working within the Fabrication Shop department and responsible to the Supervisor, the main purpose of the role will be the assembly of Gas and Air packages.
- To build complete system packages to Company drawings, including pipework, fabricated frames and bases.
- Carry out various test procedures as required by the customer or company specifications.
- Undertake all mechanical and manual lifting in a safe manner including slinging, weight estimation and manual handling.
- Work from and interpret engineering drawings and use inspection/measuring equipment to company standards.
- Carry out routine maintenance as required or on a daily basis.
- Ensure machines and work area are cleaned and tidied on a routine basis.
- Complete any documentation relevant to the department on a routine basis, as required.
- Comply with all Health and Safety Regulations within the company.
Skills & Attributes required:
- Sound mechanical knowledge and background.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Problem solver.
- Able to work effectively on your own or as part of a team.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as dictated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
If you have the relevant skills required and are interested in this position, please apply ASAP.
*PLEASE NOTE – by applying to this position, you agree for your CV to be submitted to our client, who shall contact you directly, should your application make their short-list.
Apply for Skilled Fitter/Assembler - Gas and Air Compressors
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly