Learning Support Assistant
5 days left
- Part Time
Learning Support Assistant (SpLD)
Part-time, 16 hrs p/w, 36 wks p/yr | Fixed term | £5,691 - £6,054 (Pro rata of £16,500 - £17,551)
We are seeking a Learning Support Assistant to deliver a high quality student experience through supporting students with additional needs. A specific responsibility will include facilitating the transition of students with EHC Plans and providing SpLD in-year support for these students.
The post holder will be required to:
- take a lead role in supporting students who have an EHC Plan to successfully transition into a mainstream Study Programme
- develop, promote and deliver Learning Support provision and create best outcomes for students with a range of learning difficulties
- work closely with ‘feeder’ schools, parents and curriculum directorates to ensure effective transition and progression for students
- provide appropriate learning support and guidance at student interviews as required
- Assist Learning Support Manager in the organisation and implementation of annual EHC Review meetings
- facilitate staff mentoring to support students transitioning to the College
- track the retention and success of students with individualised needs and plans across the curriculum
- complete individual and formalised assessment of students and maintain learning support records to support student success, progression and employability.
This post is offered on a one year fixed term contract in the first instance.
City College Plymouth is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The College is an equal opportunities employer.