IT Support Analyst /Desktop Support Engineer /2nd Line Support
Job Title: IT Support Analyst /2nd and 3rd line support
Location: City of London (EC2M)
Salary: circa £35k
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent (9 to 5 - Monday to Friday,1 hour for lunch)
The Company are a dynamic and progressive Insurance Broker, based in the City. They currently outsource all of their IT Support but now feel it will be more beneficial to have an in-house IT Support Analyst.
This role will provide in-house IT expertise to support and manage our day-to-day network and desktop support requirements. This role will also project manage and work with their compliance manager on the development of their bespoke broker content management system which relies on alfresco, their document management system.
This is a superb opportunity for a bright and ambitious individual to take on and grow this new role and manage their own support function.
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure on a regular basis to ensure it continues to meet necessary demands.
- First point of contact for all IT related queries.
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools.
- Develop new strategies and IT procedures to increase efficiency, enhance workflow and improve user satisfaction.
- Coordinate and manage the relationship with external IT experts, suppliers and contractors.
- Review and develop existing Information Security procedures to meet their obligations under GDPR 2018 to protect them and their customers from a data breach.
- Manage the installation of new hardware and software and train employees on its use.
- Offer suggestions for possible upgrades and changes within the IT function.
- Proactively identifying potential issues; old or out of date software, network and server performance, virus and hacking threats.
- Create new IT systems/monitoring workflow to manage inhouse support requests.
- Management of hardware inventory- age, warranty, upgrades
- Management of software licences.
- Take ownership of problems - troubleshooting them whilst constantly liaising with the Business Support Manager and Compliance Manager.
- Set up IT equipment for presentations, telephone conferencing and skype calls.
- Provide desktop support to all employees.
- Installation and set-up of PC's, Laptops, iPad and mobile phones.
- Setting up new user account profiles and disabling leavers account profiles.
- Working alongside the Business Support Manager in the installation of printers and telephone systems.
- Manage Global Relay email archive system in tandem alongside Outlook.
- Management of IT during any office moves or office changes whilst working alongside the Business Support Manager.
- Experience of providing remote user support on the telephone and external site including CEO's office in Much Hadham
Technical Skills and Experience:
- Working with Windows Operating Systems (Windows 8 / Windows 10)
- Microsoft Office (2016 / 2013 / 2010) including Add-Ins
- Microsoft Exchange (2013 / 2010 / 2007)
- Global Relay Email Archive Service
- Understanding of Network devices - Switches (Cisco,) Firewalls
- Alfresco document Management service or similar doc mgmt. system
- Global XP
- Acturis - Insurance software service as an add-in
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- WatchGuard Firewalls
- Veeam Backup services
- Cloud Services - Office 365, Horizon
- Remote Access (such as LogMeIn and a secure VPN set up such as Watchguard)
- GDPR - Information Security best practices
- Telephone conferencing
- Internet Services
- SQL server reporting or similar
- Anti-virus and Malware
Candidates should have strong organisational skills and be able to communicate effectively between various business levels, both internally and externally. You should exhibit time management and attention to detail. You will be self-motivated and able to thrive under pressure. You will be a strong team-player, enthusiastic and hard working. You should be proactive, flexible and be prepared to give assistance to team members, as necessary, and to work outside core hours during busy periods if necessary.
25 days holiday, plus statutory holidays
After 6 months' probationary period:
- Private Medical Insurance
- Company Pension Scheme (7% employer contribution /4% employee contribution)
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Season Ticket Loan
- Subsidised Gym membership
- Death in Service (on joining) - 4 x salary
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; IT Helpdesk Analyst, IT Service Desk Analyst, Desktop Analyst, IT Support, IT Support Engineer, IT Customer Support Technician, IT Desktop Support, 2nd Line Support Engineer, 3rd Line Support Engineer, IT Services Support, IT Helpdesk Support, Service Desk Technician, Network Support Analyst, Infrastructure Support, and Hardware Support will be considered for this role.
Apply for IT Support Analyst /Desktop Support Engineer /2nd Line Support
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly