I am currently working with a highly successful Membership Organisation within the largest manufacturing sector based in the heart of Central London. Their priority is to communicate the values and concerns to Governments, media, regulators and consumers. They assist their members in a highly regulated marketplace to help them stand out against competitors and maximise their profitability. The office environment is bright, spacious and has many relaxing/ quiet spaces and events to promote positive health and wellbeing.
They are looking for a new Policy Manager to join their team and develop industry briefings and positions, deliver high impact projects, influence Government policy and attract new talent. The main responsibilities will include:
- Working with others to develop industry-led solutions relating to the workforce, skills needed and reporting into the relevant Sector Council
- Monitoring key immigration policies as part of the UK's decision to leave the EU, keeping the relevant people informed of developments and briefing Government on the positions.
- Manage groups of industry professionals in the employment, skills and health and safety fields who meet to discuss policy and market developments, regulatory, network and develop industry positions.
- Deliver a project connecting Engineering students to industry through work recruitment and placements.
- Deliver effective stakeholder management and engagement including businesses, Government departments and bodies, parliamentarians, other trade representative bodies and media.
This role requires you to have:
- Graduate degree in politics, international relations, economics or other relevant disciplines
- Strong knowledge of UK employment and skills policy
- Proven experience in policy development and project management, gained in a corporate, political, trade association, consultancy environment or Government department
- Foundation knowledge of political processes (UK/EU), and awareness of the domestic and international political context affecting UK industry
This company has an excellent benefits package and takes wellbeing very seriously. They offer 25 days holiday, a pension scheme, life insurance, private healthcare, gym subsidy, interest-free season ticket loan, leisure travel insurance, childcare vouchers and cycle-to-work scheme.
Does this sound like the right role for you? Do you fit the mentioned criteria? If yes, apply now with an up to date CV and we will be in touch.
Apply for Policy Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly