Thermal Engineer / Trainee Thermal Engineer
An exciting opportunity for a Thermal Engineer / Trainee Thermal Engineer to join a thriving Thermal Insulation company based in Brackley, Northampton.
If YOU are looking for a role in which you can gain skills and build a career with great prospects for promotion and a long-term future then this is the position for you!
The company are looking for candidates that have strong core values and the required skills to become an effective thermal engineer. Don’t be deterred if you do not have the technical know-how yet, as this can be taught, and ultimately you could achieve a position of management!
You’ll be pushed, asked to achieve great results, taught skills and how to work safely, and eventually become a skilled thermal engineer.
If you’re the person our client is looking for, you’ll be:
- Driven, self-motivated & successful
- Great at working as a member of a team
- Sensible & responsible
- Prepared to put in the hard graft to achieve your potential
- The work can be strenuous at times, so reasonable physical fitness and a practical, mechanical aptitude will be advantageous.
- You’ll accept only the best performance from yourself and your team
- Be ready to take a long-term challenge to create success in both your life, and your career
- You’ll be inspired, passionate, motivated and above all ready to learn new skills and undergo continuous training, pushing yourself to achieve more than you ever thought possible.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Working at sites throughout the country you will assist in the application of thermal insulation on pipe work and vessels. This work frequently involves overnight stays where it is not practical to return home on a daily basis.
- Support the work processes by preparing, sorting, measuring, cutting and loading materials.
- Support operations by preparing and cleaning work sites, delivering and maintaining supply of materials, equipment and tools to the skilled insulators and performing an increasing number of the steps in the insulation processes as your ability and skill increases.
- Maintain a clean and safe work site by removing scrap and sweeping the work area; erecting barriers; disposing of waste materials.
- Sheet metal work & lagging skills improvement through training programmes.
- On-going safety training.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
Skills / Qualifications:
- CSCS Health, Safety & Environment Certificate.
- No previous experience required, however experience in sheet metal work and a strong practical bias will be advantageous.
- Much of the work requires the use of ladders and height-access equipment for which training will be given.
- The ability and willingness to follow safety rules and procedures; wear personal protective equipment and be committed to maintaining a safe and productive work environment.
Staff are able to benefit from our wide range of employee benefit schemes such as:
- Ability to earn up to £36,000 a year plus overtime as your skill-level increases
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Workplace Nursery Scheme
- Gym Benefits
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Access to great money-saving offers covering all aspects of travel, entertainment, eating out, shopping etc
About the Company
“Back in February 2006, TPM Contracting Ltd was just being formed by Shaun. Fast forward to 2018, having just celebrated our 12th year in operation, we are pleased to be able to look back & witness the vast changes that have occurred over the years. In this time, we have gradually gathered a great team of Thermal Insulation Engineers with much experience to offer. We have extended our network to now cover all of the UK & Republic of Ireland (incl Isle of Man). Our equipment has been upgraded to enable us to withstand the workload we are faced with today compared to 10 years ago, our processes have been improving & we are especially proud to have mastered a system that produces great quality insulated piping to our current & future customers.
As well as mastering our injected polyurethane foam insulation, we have taken the time to get involved in all of the alternative insulation methods available in today's market. We are pleased to now offer the following types of insulation: Injected Polyurethane Foam Insulation, all kinds of pipe & vessel thermal insulation & jacketing. This includes PIR, PUR, Phenolic, Stonewool & Armaflex sections as well as PIB, Aluminium, Stainless Steel or Venture Clad ®, Jacketing & Vapour Barriers.”
How to Apply
If this ad describes you, then please attach an up to date copy of your CV to the link provided.
This advert is being managed by Partners of Research Ltd. trading as Hiring People. Your details will be passed onto our client. In some cases, where our client is acting on behalf of another employer, your details will also be passed onto them. We expect our clients to hold your data in a responsible fashion, but ultimately have no control. Partners of Research Ltd and/or our client may contact you confirming receipt of your application. Your data will be located on servers both within and outside the EU.
Apply for Thermal Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly