Assistant Management Accountant
ASSISTANT MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT
Our client is a group which operates within the pharmaceutical aseptic compounding, clinical homecare and laboratory services sectors. Through their scientific research and technology capabilities the team continuously develops new and innovative methods to improve their products and services. The group now employs over 200 people and has combined sales of approx. £190 million from three subsidiaries.
The first is a growing clinical homecare provider in an expanding market offering greater convenience to patients whilst delivering efficiencies to the NHS. The compounded drugs used in its drug services are provided by its sister company, which also produces over 3,000 aseptically compounded injectable pharmaceutical products each day for hospitals and patients across the UK who are fighting cancer, living with chronic disease or in need of pain relief. The third subsidiary is a microbiological services business currently in its developmental stage.
They have recently invested in a new, multi-million-pound manufacturing and office facility in Corsham Science Park in Wiltshire, just 5 miles from Chippenham and 8 miles from Bath. On offer is an unrivalled opportunity to join a successful, expanding company with a great team spirit.
They are looking to recruit an assistant management accountant to support the continued delivery of an exceptional service. The successful candidate should be AAT Level 4 qualified and will need to commit to becoming a qualified accountant in either CIMA/ACCA/ACA and should be a self-starter with at least 2 years’ experience working in an assistant management accounting role or similar within a fast-paced finance department. A high level of Excel proficiency is essential alongside an enquiring and analytical approach.
Your responsibilities within the team will include:
- Prepare the monthly Management Accounts pack for their rapidly growing pharmacy services business
- Prepare and post accruals, prepayments and adjusting journals
- Collate rebate data and submit claims to suppliers
- Process sales invoices and respond to any invoice queries
- Monitor Sales and Purchase ledgers, and provide support to relevant teams
- Develop new analysis (e.g. margin analysis), and improve existing spreadsheet models
- Assist with process improvements across the business
- Prepare monthly VAT returns
- Assist with preparation of statutory accounts and liaise with auditors
- Accounting for large capital expenditure projects
- Assist with stock takes, reconciliations and investigations
- Balance Sheet reconciliations and maintenance
In return they offer rewards and benefits including:
- Salary £22K to £27K (dependent on experience, knowledge and skills)
- 21 days holiday (excluding Bank Holiday), increasing to 26 days with service
- Company bonus scheme
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Child care vouchers
- Additional non-contractual benefits including free breakfast, fruit and outdoor gym
If you are interested in this superb opportunity, please apply with a covering letter and CV ASAP.
Closing date for applications is – Wednesday 18th July 2018. Interviews will take place on Tuesday 31st July 2018. You will be contacted by Tuesday 24th July 2018 if you have been shortlisted for an interview.
*PLEASE NOTE – by applying to this position, you agree for your CV to be submitted to our client, who shall contact you directly, should your application make their short-list.