Graduate Litigation Assistant / Paralegal / Law Graduate
Job Title: New Client Team - Litigation Assistant
Location: Northenden, Manchester
Salary: £16,250 basic per annum + Commission
Job type: Permanent, Full time
The Company is a top 200 Law firm that specialises in personal injury. They cover every area of personal injury including public liability, occupier's liability, road traffic accidents, employer's liability, industrial disease, serious injuries and clinical negligence matters.
They are LEXCEL and Law Society accredited and are a Legal 500 Leading Firm for both Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence. Six of their Partners are members of the Law Society Specialist Personal Injury Panel and one of them is a member of the Law Society Specialist Clinical Negligence Panel.
Due to internal promotions and business growth, they are looking to hire a number of law graduates to join their New Client Team (NCT) with fast track promotion to a paralegal role within one of their work areas.
- Responsible for the client's experience from first contact until retention.
- Obtain all relevant details of a client's claim and review this information with a Partner on a daily basis.
- Recording and updating the case-management system with all client information regarding individual cases.
- This role allows you to develop all 9 professional skills required for training solicitors and gives you an understanding of the funding arrangements, client care, and they offer a bespoke 3 week training programme at the outset of your employment.
The above list is not exhaustive but as a Litigation Assistant in the New Client Team, you are responsible for all new clients that come into the firm, ensuring that a client's experience with the New Client team is positive.
What are they looking for?
- Law graduates (LLB/GDL/LPC)*
- A genuine interest in helping people
- Ability to emphasise and deal with sensitive issues
- Drive and determination to succeed as a litigator
- Logic & Analytical skills
- Ability to problem solve
- Excellent Customer Service skills
*please note that they are happy to consider candidates who are currently studying their GDL/LPC part-time.
The New Client Team opening hours are:
Early Shift: 08 - 16 (1 hour lunch)
Middle Shift: 09:30 - 18 (1 hour lunch)
Late Shift: 13 - 21 (30 minutes lunch)
Saturday - Sunday: 10 - 18 (1 hour lunch)
Bank Holidays: 10 - 18(1 hour lunch)
Upon completion of training, you will work a 3 weeks shift pattern on an early, middle, late; and one weekend in seven weeks as per rota.
There will also be a smart phone rota, where one member of the team will take home a smart phone and answer any calls outside of office hours until 10pm. It is expected that this will be, one night every fortnight. A bonus will be payable on this night.
What can they offer you?
Salary & Commission - they offer a great starting salary of £16,250, with a competitive commission structure, where 99% of their graduate team earn £18,000 OTE
Clear Progression Path - their training contracts are awarded to internal candidates on a rolling start and can start immediately once candidates have proven themselves; half of their partners did their training contracts with the firm and they currently have 17 trainee Solicitors within the firm.
Excellent training & development - in addition to three appraisals per year, they provide all employees with personalised training and development plans. At the outset of your employment, you will receive a 3 week training programme to furnish you with the skills and knowledge required for the Litigation Assistant role.
23 days per year. Closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day. Any bank holidays worked will be awarded with 1 back.
- 3 holiday buy backs per year after 1 year of service
- Private medical insurance available after 2 years' service
- Death In Service - 2 x salary based on annual salary only - eligibility commences when you join the company
- Active social committee, firm pays for trips to e. Bowling, Chester Races, Christmas party, Summer Barbecue
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives like weekly boot camp, football and netball
- Regular charitable activities to support the community
- Employee Assistance Programme which offers 24 hour helpline, Legal info and CBT - available immediately
- Free fruit delivered twice a week
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of Legal Graduate, Law Graduate, Graduate, Legal Assistant, Litigation Assistant, GDL, LPC, Costs Paralegal, Costs Litigation Assistant, Costs Draftsperson, Legal Executive, Legal Support Assistant, Law Graduate, Paralegal, Legal Assistant, Legal Executive, Legal Handler, Legal Secretary, Family Law Paralegal, Paralegal, Legal Aid will also be considered for this role.
Apply for Graduate Litigation Assistant / Paralegal / Law Graduate
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly