Platform Services Manager
Vitality, Platform Services Manager, Bournemouth, £Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
Vitality is an award winning, dynamic and vibrant financial services provider, with a ground-breaking vision for the future, where individuals are enabled to succeed and are rewarded and recognised for their contribution to our business.
In exchange for your hard work and commitment to Vitality in this Platform Services Manager role, we have designed a generous benefits package to reward our employees, this includes;
- A genuine long-term opportunity to grow and establish a long-term career
- Our award winning private medical insurance
- A comprehensive flexible benefits scheme
- Stakeholder Pension Plan with employer contribution
- Vitality Partners and Rewards
As our Platform Services Manager you will ensure that all Infrastructure platform services, made up of Servers (Virtual or Physical), Storage platforms, Backup platforms & shared responsibility for data centre are performance and capacity measured, managed and continually improved and retain a steady and productive BAU state.
This role is also responsible to develop a capacity on demand Infrastructure platform to ensure the Vitality business maintains a flexible platform on which to build future strategies. A key element will be the development and implementation of Vitality’s cloud first strategy, while managing internal partners to deliver and support on premise services.
Responsibilities as our Platform Services Manager include:
- Set priorities and develop a product road map for Platform services within Vitality. This involves communicating between users, internal and external parties.
- Implementing the above roadmap with the team, ensuring a clear programme of work
- Managing spend
- Manage contractors and partners to reach agreement on conflicting priorities.
- Lead on a number of specific responsibilities act as point of escalation.
- Leadership and the management of third parties, reviewing and agreeing service improvements
- Build and Manage capacity models for Platform services
- Working with Production support and Architecture to Manage future need requirements.
- Making technology decisions for the Platform services
- Driving the delivery of third party services and products e.g. AWS Cloud
- Working with Dev Ops teams to ensure that operational and infrastructure needs are covered for the delivery of the - Micro Services Architecture platform requirements.
- Managing incident responses and subsequent reviews
- Managing security operations of the Platform
- Define and Manage technical services catalogue for Platform service
- Identify service improvement opportunities, identified through Vitality Assist stats and third parties
Skills and Experience required of our Platform Services Manager:
- ITIL foundation
- Educated to degree level, preferably in a technical discipline, although relevant work experience will be acceptable
- Demonstrable Public Cloud experience
- Certified VMWare, EMC
- Working knowledge of MS Outlook/Word/Excel/PowerPoint, with Project & Visio
- Demonstrable track record of managing PAAS within an ITIL-oriented framework
- Good knowledge of datacentre operations is essential
- Experience of successfully managing third party delivery relationships
- Outstanding people manager
- Thorough practical knowledge of IT Operations and Service management principles and processes
- Naturally strong communicator, able to remain calm under pressure and focused on delivery of solutions
- Experience of working within deadlines, operating in a high pressure environment
- A positive and customer focused outlook
- ITIL v2 or v3 Service Manager’s Certificate
- Service Now knowledge an advantage
- Detailed understanding of the financial services sector with insurance knowledge an advantage
Working for Vitality as a Platform Services Manager you'll experience an exciting mix of creativity and innovation, within a framework of challenging objectives and a passion for delivering the best.
Our people are chosen for their skills, knowledge, enthusiasm and attitude but above all, their belief that anything can be achieved.
Closing Date: Tuesday 31 July 2018
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Platform Services Manager please click ‘apply’ today.