Travel Health Advisor
As one of our valued Travel Health Advisors, you will work at a world-renowned centre of excellence based in our Liverpool and Chester clinics. This will involve working 21 hours per week Monday - Saturday to fit the needs of the clinic as part of a rota.
You will provide knowledgeable travel advice to clients, in accordance with patient group directions (PGDs) and patient specific directions (PDDs).
- A Registered Nurse with 1 years’ experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of people
- Experience of giving injections is essential
- Immunisation experience desirable, however full training is provided
- Commitment to providing high standards of client care
- DBS certificate holder
Travel Health Advisor Duties
- Carrying out risk assessments to travellers
- Providing information, advice and education to clients
- Assisting with the maintenance of quality standards within the clinic
- Administering vaccinations
- Assisting with taking samples
- Demonstrate best practice with informed consent
About Well-Travelled Clinics
Well-Travelled Clinics is a subsidiary company of the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine and is a dedicated travel health specialist clinic, providing pre and post-travel assessment, advice, vaccinations, medication and treatment.
The successful Travel Health Advisor will be required to undergo a DBS and criminal record checks prior and during employment, as this post will involve contact with vulnerable adults and children.
We have a legal responsibility to ensure that all employees have the right to work in the UK; unfortunately this post is unsuitable for Tier 5 Visa sponsorship.
For further details, please visit the UKVI website: https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/work-visas
LSTM actively promotes Equal Opportunities and Safeguarding Policies.