Accountant - Trainee
Colledge Redfern is an independent and progressive practice serving a diverse range of clients throughout the UK - this job is based at our office near Whitland - SA34 0UT.
The training and development of our staff is seen as key to the continued success of our practice.
You will work on a range of interesting and demanding assignments.
Trainees will be closely mentored by the partners and staff.
You will learn quickly and take responsibility from an early stage.
We will provide support for further professional development with a view to becoming a qualified accountant.
Candidates should be bright, confident and articulate. It is not necessary for the candidate to have already worked in a professional accountant’s office, but this would be a definite advantage
The role involves assisting with the preparation of; yearend accounts, monthly management reports, payroll support, and tax work for clients.
Good computer skills are essential; if necessary you will be trained to use the relevant applications & software. Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word & Excel is required.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a pleasant peaceful location, and at the same time stretch and develop your skills and abilities.
Skills & attributes:
- Be well organised with good administrative and number skills
- Be flexible and able to cope under pressure
- Good communication skills
- Be thorough, precise and produce accurate work
- Driven attitude with a clear desire to become a qualified accountant
- Team player but self-motivated and able to work autonomously
- Prepared to travel to attend clients premises when needed - to include some overnight stays
Duties will include assisting with:
- Statutory Accounts Preparation
- Management Accounts
- Basic book-keeping for clients
- Bank reconciliations
- Assisting with audit work in the office and at clients premises - some overnight stays
- Personal & Corporation Tax Returns
- Payroll & Pension
- VAT Returns
Please log on to www.ColledgeRedfern.com and complete our online application and aptitude test. Please note that no application will be considered if the aptitude test has not been completed.