Travel Sales & Marketing Executive
Do you enjoy working in both Sales & Marketing? Are you a people person with a passion for travel? Do you have a track record of success using a consultative approach? Do you want to combine your professional skills with a cause you can really get excited about?
About the Role
As our clients company grows, they are seeing more leads than ever from all four corners of the globe. Your main goal will be to grow their international sales across both individual travellers and academic groups. With life-changing experiences on offer, there’s no need to hard sell. Instead, you’ll take a consultative approach, helping each traveller plan and book the ideal trip for their dreams and ambitions.
Working alongside the Sales and Marketing Manager and team, you’ll also provide first-rate after-sales support and assist with a variety of marketing activities, from speaking at live events to posting on our social media channels.
- To support customers and increase sales, you build relationships across a variety of channels, including one-to-one phone conversations, email, Skype and social media.
- To generate group sales, you deliver informative presentations and discussions with school and college students, along with their educators.
- You speak directly to customers and help steer them towards the most appropriate travel experiences for their needs and goals.
- Through after-sales care, you set the tone for their expedition and add value by responding to their questions quickly and professionally.
- Day to day, you dovetail with your sales and marketing co-workers, the Sales and Marketing Manager and the wider African Conservation Experience team. By sharing information and ideas, you help the whole business achieve its objectives for growth and conservation impact.
- You’re both a ‘thinker’ and a ‘doer’. On the one hand, you enjoy finding out new things about the world around you and feel passionate about important environmental issues. But at the same time, you’re full of energy and have the people skills required to be a first-rate salesperson.
- You’re ambitious in your career and enjoy the challenge of improving sales performance year on year. But when all is said and done, you’re happiest when deep in conversation with someone who shares your love of knowledge and, like you, wants to make a difference to the world.
- Working as a team comes as second nature and you’re not afraid to put forward ideas or challenge the status quo. You don’t expect everything to be perfect straight away. But little by little, with some smart thinking and elbow grease, perfection is what you’re always striving for.
- You have at least three years of experience in a customer-facing sales position, preferably in the travel industry. From this experience, you are able to show a proven track record of success and an obvious passion for the role.
- You prefer a consultative sales approach rather than transactional selling and have the skills to back this up, with the ability to quickly build rapport with customers and understand what they want.
- You have a genuine love and enthusiasm for international travel and feel passionately about environmental issues, with some level of interest in wildlife conservation.
- You have experience engaging customers through sales events as well as one-to-one conversations.
- You’re comfortable organising and managing your own time in a self-reliant manner without the need to be micromanaged. At the same time, you understand the importance of working methodically and strategically towards the shared goal of an organisation.
- You have experience working in an office environment and are proficient on either Mac or PC platforms. You have working knowledge of social media channels. It would be a bonus if you are familiar with Google apps and website CMS.
- You have a valid driving licence.
Our client is a small company but are constantly expanding and have big ambitions for the future. They are looking for entrepreneurial team members who can develop and shape this new role within the company.
How to apply - Please submit your CV and a covering letter. Closing deadline Monday 30th July 2018.
Successful candidates will be contacted for a telephone interview before Tuesday 1st August 2018. The final candidates will be invited to face-to-face interviews and to deliver a presentation on Thursday 9th August 2018.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, they will only be able to contact successful applicants.
Orange Recruitment is advertising this position on behalf of our client. By clicking apply you accept that your application will be forwarded to only this client in order for them to consider you for the role.