Architectural Metalwork Welder / Fabricator
Job Title: Welder/Fabricator/Installer
Salary: Up to £26,000 per annum plus overtime (dependent on experience)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing date: 24th July 2018
Hours: Full time position, 40 Hours minimum. They are looking to fill this position with a candidate with a degree of flexibility - the workload varies considerably and at times overtime working during the normal working week is inevitable. From time to time an element of the working week may be spent on site.
Reporting To: Managing Director.
Probationary Period: 3 Months
Holidays: 20 days plus statutory Bank Holidays, increasing over time to a maximum of 25.
The vacancy is for a busy, successful company based on the edge of the Peak District. They specialise in the design, manufacture and installation of contemporary, bespoke, high end architectural metalwork products primarily in mild steel, stainless steel & glass. Supplying regional and national contracts up to £200K to both private clients and their large repeat customer base in the construction sector, they punch above their weight to continue to develop a reputation of delivering cost effective imaginative ideas, with a high standard of workmanship, to tight deadlines, accompanied by great levels of customer service. Due to an on-going expansion process they are looking to recruit an experienced Welder/Fabricator/Installer to join this small team.
To be successful in meeting the requirements for the position of Welder/Fabricator you must possess the following skills and experience:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Fabrication, assembly and welding of all forms of architectural metalwork, primarily in mild steel and stainless steel.
- Have clear knowledge of correct working and safety practices.
- Take pride in accuracy and great attention to detail, taking responsibility for the quality of all the work you produce.
- Occasional site installation of all forms of architectural metalwork and glass.
- Essential - Good understanding of architectural metal work & glass products, processes and procedures.
- Welding - MIG and TIG, - proven ability to weld to a high standard, working to tight tolerances.
- Fabrication ability to use all normal workshop equipment.
- Able to work from and to read/understand engineering drawings.
- An ability to display correct working and safety practices at all times.
- Adaptable and willing to encompass all aspects of the trade as required.
- Essential - previous experience in the role of a fabricator /welder, which will have been within the steel fabrication or architectural metalwork industry.
- An ability to be able to refinish and apply a 240-320 grit finish to stainless steel tubulars will be extremely advantageous.
Qualifications & Education:
- Essential - Good general education, with good levels of basic Maths and English.
- Desirable - You will hold a full clean driving licence.
- Desirable - Apprentice trained in Fabrication/Welding, NVQ2 in your trade, Hold a CSCS card or First Aid Certificates.
- A good level of fitness is required as this can be an active position.
- You are motivated and a good team worker, setting high standards for yourself and the team.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- You can think on your feet to keep production moving forward in a productive and effective manner.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE!
You must be eligible to live and work within the UK. Sponsorship is not provided.
Due to the number of applicants, only those applicants selected for interview will be replied to.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Welder, Skilled Welder, Fabricator, Welding Technician, Fabricator Welder, Welding Engineer, Welding, Finishing Welder, Fabrication, Mig Welder, Mig Fabricator, Manufacturing Welder, Manufacturing Fabricator will also be considered for this role.